Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I carry my Ruger LCR .38 Spec. daily I have the factory Crimson Trace laser grips and I just installed the other day a XS front sight on it.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    I carry my Ruger LCR .38 Spec. daily I have the factory Crimson Trace laser grips and I just installed the other day a XS front sight on it.
    I have the identical set-up. With one of the little speed-strip pouches from Tuff Products, it's the easiest "grab-n-go" I've got.

For .357, I think I'll stay with my SP101.

Feedback Score
    For those of you with the Crimson Trace grips, how is the comfort level when practicing? I currently use the Hogue Boot Grip. The one thing keeping me from getting the Crimson Trace grips is that they seem to have a shorter trigger reach and I think I will end up in the same bucket as I did with the J frame - my trigger finger hits my thumb before the shot breaks. With the Hogues, the extra padding increases the distance and allows me to pull the trigger like I would any other gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just bought a LCR-357 myself to replace the SW 442 my wife appropriated for herself!

I had the chance to put a few rounds through her, shooting a a mix of 60 rounds.

10 rounds of 125gr .357 Magnum Hornady Critical Defense ammo.
    10 rounds of 125 gr .38 Spcl +P Winchester Silver Tip ammo.
    40 rounds of 158 gr .38 Spcl S&B ammo.

I have to say the Hornday CD .357 Magnum ammo was surprisingly comfortable. The most miserable ammo to shoot was definitely the S&B .38 Spcl ammo. I think the grain size definitely makes a difference. Since they +P and Magnum ammo felt recoil seemed negligible to me, I will be carrying the LCR with the Critical Defense ammo. I also made my own Holster with some Kydex I had laying around.

This gun shoots very nicely, compared to my 442. I found it more comfortable with the larger boot grip. I found that I was able to stage the trigger easily. I did not shoot for groups since I was purely just function testing. I think it carries just as well as my 442 also.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another even in .38 Special.

Feedback Score
    I recently installed the crimson trace grips on my LCR 38. I had to change my support hand thumb placement and the felt recoil is a bit more than either of the Hogue grips but I think that the added advantage of the laser in certain situations makes it worth it.

Feedback Score
    I have a front sight HIVIZ green sight for one of these if someone needs one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I have a front sight HIVIZ green sight for one of these if someone needs one.
    How much?

Feedback Score
    My Dad has one and it is accurate and a nice gun to shoot. I'm a S&W guy but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of those.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

357 LCR

Got one for my wife, in .357 she is shooting .38's through it but I liked being able to shoot either round. She preferred the grip and the trigger to the S&W's.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    I've had my .38 for a little over a year. Bought it new with the XS front site and added CTC Lasergrips. Great pocket gun, very shootable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast