Quote Originally Posted by the judge View Post
I really like the tactical nylon belts I currently have in use that include an OSOE riggers belt, a TT riggers belt and a Jones Tactial EDC belt. The Jones Tactical is one of my favorites to wear.

BUT, what I don't like about the nylon tactical belts of today, is the excessive tails on riggers belts and with the cobra style belts, having to pull the buckles off to thread items on the belt, put the buckle back on and then try and velcro the tail down under a holster or other gear. It drives me nuts! Working plain clothes, I carry the pistol, double mag pouch, cuffs, OC spray, cell phone, belt badge and flashlight. It really gets annoying to try to get all this stuff threaded on, then put the cobra buckle on, and try and get the tail under the gear! Equally annoying is the tail on riggers belts, trying to get it between the belt and items on the belt.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, I don't know! LOL!

If I recall correctly, when I remembered seeing riggers belts start to become common use, dudes were using them with a drop leg holster rig and not much else on the belt. With that in mind, both styles of belts work well.

I see rigger or cobra belts as excellent inner belts for the molle battle belts, OR again used with minimal equipment mounted on them.

I will continue to use my tactical nylon gun belts...but I am searching for a new leather gun belt that is easy on, easy off. I DO like the look of some of the Wilderness belts, but see the tails on them still being a pain. If someone has any alternatives they can suggest, fire away.
I would take a look at the Ares Ranger Belt. It's close to your Jones Tactical EDB - but has no velcro whatsoever. It will allow you to run gear right up to the buckles on both ends, you just need to tuck the "Tail" behind the buckle once tightened.

Let me know if you need some pictures to better illustrate what I mean. Sorry for the slow response.