Thread: Lovin' those Lever Actions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I love my Marlin 1895 guide gun in 45-70, it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. To get the most out of that cartridge (and be able to afford to shoot it) you really need to load your own ammo. I like to shoot Beartooth Bullets 525 grn Pile Driver, but some of my loads can be...punishing. Heres a round next to a .45 ACP cartridge:

Last edited by jhurt; 09-11-11 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    mind if i join u? heres my 336. my favorite lever action. i hope to get a marlin 45-70 someday to keep this one company...

Feedback Score
    i have always loved lever guns. I would like to pick one up in 357 mag.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I had a 45/70 1895S that I regret selling. It was a superb lever for hunting. Never had a GG, but still drool over them. Still use a 500g whitworth style bullet in my 32" .458 muzzleloader (1200-1600fps, 90-140gnFF) that performs really well, but never tried a 500g in the - really was impressed with 405 and less in HP/SP, though. Have fun with those levers!

Feedback Score
    Love my lever gun too, currently debating between which AAC can mount device to put on it, flashhider or brake or Brakeout. I REALLY want to run 220 grain roundnose subsonic .30-30 loads with a can on it.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I got my first lever action two years ago and love it. I picked up a Browning BLR in the .243 and I put a Redfield 3x9 on it. It is my main deer gun now. I next want to pick up a more traditional lever action in a 30-30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My dad and I both bought Marlin 1894's. If you buy one, I hope you reload, and reload fast! I'm not sure I've ever had more fun with a rifle than this. No recoil, no loud blast. It can be loaded for anything from plinking, small game, whitetail, you name it. It's the one rifle I've got that I don't think I could ever part with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntswithweim View Post
    I got my first lever action two years ago and love it. I picked up a Browning BLR in the .243 and I put a Redfield 3x9 on it. It is my main deer gun now. I next want to pick up a more traditional lever action in a 30-30.
    Ya know, I'm going in a bit opposite route...got a Marlin 336 .30-30 from my grandfather and now I want to get a BLR (and I think Mr. Smith on this forum did a very nice job of customizing one and posted it here) and have him do me up one.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express