Quote Originally Posted by SA80Dan View Post
Yep...to echo shootists comments, the pic in the original post is seriously misrepresentative of what you actually see when you look through the scope. Looking through mine, the reticle actually appears about 3 times the size of that....shootists reticle shots are more representative of what you actually see. I tried to take a pic myself, but it looked more like the one in the OP so its not worth posting. And while the MRAD reticle might be a tiny bit smaller, it wouldn't be to the extent that you'd notice in my opinion.

I have the MOA version and have never had any problem with the lines being too thin. 90% of the time I don't use them anyway - its usually either the outer circle or the dot....and because of that I actually prefer the lines to be less prominent. The times where I am using the lines for holdover are invariably when I am shooting at relatively long range (above 200m) where it takes time and concentration to build a shot anyway, and given those circumstances I have no trouble picking the lines up when I need them.
based on the pics, I'm satisfied the reticle size is not going to be a problem, though I do agree with F2S that extended, thicker stadia would be a tremendous help.

my concern is with the illumination. without good illum. in bright circumstances, the reticle design becomes more of an issue. it's an either/or in this case and it's puzzling why they just didn't go ahead and make the reticle with larger/thicker stadia that extend out past the current lit portion.

obviously, if they did this, AND had illum that was truly daylight visible on all backgrounds, this would make it a class leader. as is, well, I'm just going to have see one for myself...