this is an interesting question. From shooting GemTech, SureFire, Kights and Ops Inc on platforms from MK11's,MK12's,M40A5's,M110's and Blazers, AI's. In calibers from .22 on up to .338 mag I would say only a cheap or heavy can produces inconitant performance. It seems to me that quality cans are very consistant and thus very accurate. Th same with a well tuned bolt or gas gun, consistancy is accuracy. But I think the issue has been usually more point of impact shift from without the can to shooting with it. It just about always seems to shift the impact. It seems to shift less with lighter cans, I think after speaking to Kel at Gemtech and Clay at Surefire that 14oz seems to be the magic number in regard to minimal point of aim point of impact shift. This had also been evident to me in my own work and personal shooting suppressed.

Just shoot good quality ammo, same lot number if you can manage and collect solid data and every range you can. you can plug in your info to a number of free ballsitic programs these days and fill in the holes.

Shooting 7.62 suppressed hardly even warrants ear pro, at least with our 175gr Sierra loads. Its that darn 5.56 thats so hard to keep quiet. But SureFires can have been good for us, although too exspensve considering they provide almost the same level of suppression as the gemtechs (at least with our ammo). But I think everyone should have a can, its just common sense hearing conservation. Having my hearing damaged over years in the military and mainly in a few IED blasts in afghan i really appreciate the increase in comms also.

Have fun shooting that new SureFire, im sure it will not dissapoint you at all!