Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons Learned In Combat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Perhaps I am too cynical by nature, but seriously how the hell could anyone take a single word that comes out of that guy's mouth seriously? I find his posts to be nearly as incredible, and certainly as amusing the infamous "Mall Ninja".

It is obvious (at least to me) that he is a complete and utter fraud, and further more the type and form of argument he uses to defend these ridiculous claims and stories are textbook inter-nut fraud.

Feedback Score
    In a valiant effort to impress us, my platoon commander (2nd LT) called all the TL's and ATL's "operators" in a meeting right before we deployed... we all lost confidence in our leadership at that moment. A more acceptable and less hollywood term is shooters or jumpers depending on the unit. I'll use it in a sentence. Company Gunny says "let me get all the shooters up here for a safety brief." It gets the point across and doesn't make you sound like you watched all of steven seagal's movies the night before.

It's just like velcro hats and multicam; it was cool for about a half second and then cops started using it. (just messing around with the LE's)
    Speed, Surprise, Violence of Attack

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've always skipped over this thread because I don't have any experience in combat so I have nothing useful to add but I just read the OP's post and I don't know what to say. Thank you for your service!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Its sad that there is always at least one who wants nothing but to take away from a great Marine like Paul by claiming to be an "operator". After reading the Sandman's posts on other forums linked in this thread its completely obvious to even the newest member of the AR15 community that he's nothing more than a mall ninja.

Semper Fi Paul. I know fellow Marines who did one pump as logistics "operators", got kicked out for drugs 2 years into their contract and now do nothing but badmouth the Corps and their Chain of Command....to top it off they try to get disability benefits. It makes me sick. Keep your head up man.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Thank you for posting RetreatHell. I'm going to print it off and hang it in the squad room for our road patrol guys to read. Hopefully it will make a couple of them think.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To OP RetreatHell,

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge, and thank you for your service to our country. From the bottom of my heart.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    RetreatHell,
    God bless the heroes. Having lost friends in the sandbox brings home the reality that what is fun and enjoyable on the range is actually deadly serious. Thank you for your sacrifice and your candid assessment of your own missteps. I plan to forward this to others. Thank you and Godspeed.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AJE View Post
    Thank you for posting RetreatHell. I'm going to print it off and hang it in the squad room for our road patrol guys to read. Hopefully it will make a couple of them think.
    Need this at our training dept as well!

Great Job RetreatHell!

well said, green warrior.

thank you for your story and service.

Feedback Score

THANK YOU SIR

Im a new member as well as a 25 year veteran of the austin police department which dont mean jack shit compaired to what you guys do.... my hat off to you sir for your service as well as all the service men and ladies around the world, i make it a point EVERYTIME im in a place where i see soilders in uniform to walk up to them shake there hands and tell then THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. i get some strange looks sometimes if im in my police uniform doing this, but i belive there is A huge DIFFRENCE in what we do. again im proud of you sir and thank you for your service.
    Last edited by donniedee; 10-11-11 at 09:26.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast