Hi, am new to AR platform and just got myself a CMMG M4 carbine flat top with a fixed front sight. I like it a lot!

Do have a challenge on scope / mount set up and hope to get some suggestions recommendation:

I have a Sightron S33-S4 red dot (from my Mini-14 -- sold), it has served me fine and I like to keep and use on the M4. But it has an odd ball 33mm tube and came with LOW rings -- the only size available from Sightron.

At this time, here are my thoughts:

** Apparently there isn't any 33mm QD mounts for AR in the market, would 34 or 35mm mount work if I add inserts / spacers (such as Burris' ?).

** These mounts typically in mid $100's... anything CHEAPER and won't come loose and keeps zero?

** Sightron told me that Burris 30mm Signature Zee rings without inserts will work for their 33mm tube. They offer High and X-High. This may be the most economic solution -- although they may not be most suited for AR application... I do believe I still need a riser.. are typical risers (such as YHM, etc..) in standard height? Anyone knows if HIGH Burris Zee will be sufficient? or gotta be X-High?

** least preferred option is to sell the Sightron to fund a new scope. (I have a fugal budget....)

As mentioned, am new and know very little on AR platform, I hope there are other options that I do not know, pls offer your suggestions and recommendations.

Thanks!

John