We recently closed an SR-15E3 thread from much earlier in the year that had been resurrected about 48 hours ago in the interest of developing a more current and accessible conversation here.

The final page of that thread was tracking along the lines of more current and emerging SR topics, and as such, I wanted to excise some of III's comments there as a basis for advancing the discussion here.

Obviously, chief among these in view of impending SHOT activity is the release of a factory SBR variant of the rifle, though his thoughts on rail evolution and gas porting will also be of interest to many ...

On the URX rail:
Anti rotation has been incorporated on the new design but it will be a long time until they hit the market . Once we get a low cost wrench going we may put out some standard industry midlengths . Don't really see a big market for that kind of stuff right now.

On the prospects of seeing a 14.5" E3 gun:
We are doing a mid length gas system, rifle length URX 14.5" SR-16 so if we get any gov't orders for it that might mean they could be available as a SR-15 SBR since we are going to start to sell factory SBRs. I guess that all depends on how well the first run of 11.5" guns sell. I feel the AR market in general, right now is pretty saturated. I think whatever is not readily available will sell like hotcakes until they are in full production.

On SR-15E3 gas port dimensions:
As far as gas port sizes go ... Our guns are ported for a range of ammo, not just milspec. I would say that over ported guns will have just as much of a problem with hot loads as our guns have with weak loads; especially suppressed. It's all a bit of a compromise. There is a tendency lately to go towards hotter ammo to get the velocities up in shorter bbls. I would say that I would have a hard time believing our gun will not run more than 90% of the ammo out there after it is broken in that runs reliably in any other gun.

On reliability and corporate presence:
If you want to start bringing extractor spring replacement and suppressed fire into the mix I will put our gun up against any gun on the market for reliability. It is also not a custom gun, it is also almost entirely manufactured and assembled in our factory. We have been in the gun business for 20 something years and we are not going anywhere anytime soon. We are perhaps the largest US small arms manufacturing company owned and ran by a single person who you can call and talk to on the phone (on occasion).

Say what you want about the SR-15 E3, I know exactly what the gun is capable of because we have fired them to destruction. I would put it up against any gun out there.
AC