Thread: Newbie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

In so many ways..

I popped my firearm cherry a few weeks ago when I went to a local range to take a look at some compacts. I've always wanted to shoot a firearm but never got up to do it until recently.

My first time shooting was with a Glock 17 rented from the range. What a crazy feeling - never can you fully comprehend the power of a firearm until you actually shoot it! At that point, I was already hooked. I put about 10rds in that 17 and switched over to the 19 because I'm interested only in compacts. I put another 20rds in the 19 and switched over to an S&W M+P (non-compact - I didn't realize until later). The M+P felt a lot better than the 19 when comparing 9mm rounds.. however this was still my first time so I doubt I have the capability of truly dissecting what I liked or did not like. After a box of the 9mm's I switched to .40 S&W. My weapon of choice was the Glock 23. I started shooting and WOW I love this caliber. I loved it so much that I forgot to split the box of 50 with another gun. All of my shots were slow since I wanted to concentrate on my stance, grip, and front sight. My groups were not bad at all for a newbie I think. At about 7 yds, my groups were no wider than a CD disc. I think I'm in love with shooting for sure!

So this week I purchased a box of 500rds Winchester Ranger FMJ's. I'm going to continue renting .40cal guns from the range and test between Glock 23, M+Pc, XDm, and P30s. I want to burn through this 500rd box before I decide on which piece I want. Lurking on this site and a few others has helped me a ton and I'm going to continue learning and practicing.

Regards,

Rob
    Last edited by b_real45; 10-19-10 at 18:50.