I'm looking to buy a few more Pmags, but before I do, I have some questions I hope the experts here can answer.

I have read on this and other boards that the new M-rev P30 offers some improvements over previous P30's. Specifically, they are a little stronger, better able to withstand extreme temps, improved compatibility with stripper clips, dust cover storage, and some cosmetic changes which may or may not be related to these improvements. I understand the "older" P30's are in no way inferior to the newer M-rev, but the new M-rev offers some refinements.

My questions...

1) Just how much better are the M-rev's? How much stronger, and in what way? Better able to withstand what? Do the M-rev's crack less often in extreme cold, or melt less in extreme heat, or what? In what way is the M-rev better with stripper clips?

2) Are followers, floor plates, inserts, and dust covers interchangeable between P30's built in 2008 and the new M-rev?

These questions are not merely academic. I have a supply of P30's built in 2008, and I plan on buying more.

I can buy more '08 P30's or I can buy the M-rev. Same price. If parts are interchangeable, I'll go for the latest and greatest. If parts are not, than I need to decide if parts interchangeability is more important than a product improvement. That's why I want to know just how much of an improvement there is.

3) I also see there is a new M-rev windowed P30. I know most have said they do not think the window is a tremendous advantage, and the consensus seems to be a preference for non-windowed P30's. The only real advantage I can see for the window is following a tactical reload, and after everything has settled down, the window would make it easier to tell which magazine(s) needed a top off, and how much to top off. Is there another tactical reason to prefer the window?

4) Finally, Magpul offers the dust cover, in part, to prevent feed lip creep if the mag is left loaded for extended periods of time. Enough people have commented that aluminum USGI mags have experienced feed lip creep for the dust cover to sound like a real advantage. However, how come we never hear of feed lip creep on pistol mags? Glock, Beretta, Sig, HK, and others all offer high capacity double stack mags, but no one has mentioned problems with the lips separating (at least as far as I know). Has anyone heard of this being a pistol magazine problem? People keep asking about magazine springs, but I don't ever remember seeing anyone ask about, or report that their feed lips spread and the mag failed to feed.

Any comments?