Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
At this point it looks like my uncles kid is going to get a LOT of guns one day. Some of my students are gonna get a lot of swords and a few guns.

If it looks like I don't have enough candidates, I'll just start volunteering at the local shooting range to help new shooters and see if there are any kids who aren't 100% snot boogers. Might also visit the local vets home and see if there are any kids spending lots of time in the library studying the military histories of one of their relatives.
You think that is gonna expand the candidate list? Good luck! Not sure most of these kids nowadays have an interest (at least percentage-wise compared to our generation) in military history or military stuff in general. The local shooting range idea might serve you better.

I have another friend who's son is a sergeant in the Marine Corps and may be one I consider. Now my friend is an FFL and does gunsmithing so his son will likely inherit quite a few firearms anyway. The "kid" (25yo now) used to cut our grass in high school and is on his second enlistment. Good guy, not a drinker or party type of person, more into cars.

I mentioned that one of my nephews is gay and guns aren't his thing. My niece (his sister) is into shooting so perhaps there's another.