Thread: Gas Busting Charging Handles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I used to run the PRI Gasbuster charging handle and felt it was fine even with the Polonium can. A friend shot the 10.5" SBR and after 5 shots handed it back because the gas was burning her eyes. Fast forward to me testing out high backpressure cans with the SiCo GDCH V2 (v2 uses screws and not roll pins for the latch) and noticed that it really blocked the gas from coming back. However, after awhile there was enough carbon/gunk that built up at the top of the charging handle and eventually just sprayed all over my face.

My M Frames were starting to get hazy and I couldn't figure out why until I took them off and saw they were coated in oil/carbon and my face was sprayed with black gook as well. It looked like the GDCH O-ring at the bottom helped push all the stuff towards the top of the handle and once it built up enough residue it dislodged into my face.

The PRI Gasbuster has channels on the bottom the focus the spray to the right/ejection side of the gun. I'd see that side of my upper receiver coated in the carbon sludge so I Knew the gasbuster was doing its job. But the gas does tend to come up a bit and sting my eyes but I'm not sensitive to that stuff.

Once I tested all the cans and got to the Ventum 762, the flow-through can sold me as it was like running a fully tuned AR15 but not having to tune for anything. Was quiet and I could feel the bolt slow down even more than running unsuppressed. The people that say they'll never mess with conventional baffle suppressors after using a flow-through/HUX/OSS are 110% right. I like the Polonium and AAC Ranger 5, but couldn't hear a difference with the supposedly louder Ventum 762 but the Ventum 762 definitely had far far less backpressure. Like I said before, it was like running a fully tuned AR15 or SCAR (with KNS Discarder on Setting #5 with a Polonium) but without tuning anything.
    Last edited by metroplex; 04-14-24 at 10:03.