I have a question for you guys...

I have a S&W M&P 9 that I like quite a bit. It has somewhere between 7 to 9k rounds through it. Front night site, 5 mags, and a holster plus a single mag carrier. So I'm not terribly invested into.

I've always suspected [read really want to be true so I can blame my misses] that's its one of the guns with a loose barrel and probably isn't that accurate so I want to have an Apex barrel fitted. Along with that an Apex trigger I also want to mill out the slide and put an RDS on it. Add a TLR 1 for good measure.

Now here is the rub. It's been discontinued by SW being replaced by the 2.0. Mags are closing in on 50$ a pop. Aftermarket support is okay but nothing stellar.

If I could go back in time I would have a bought a G19. Cheap mags and basically unlimited aftermarket. I'm thinking about going down that road instead of sinking more money into my smith.

I'd like a G19 frame with a G17 slide/barrel. The way I see it I could do this a couple different ways, a shadow systems MR920L or buy a LEO trade in 17 and chop the frame. I'd keep my smith as a spare and or give it to one of my kids.

What do you guys think? Stick with the smith or join the dark side?