Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
My SBR is very well managed as far as gas goes. It's barely functional without the can on full house 5.56 NATO pressure ammo.

11.5" Sionics RGP barrel, SLR Ti adjustable GB, LMT EBCG, Vltor A5 with Tubbs AR10 flat wire spring and A5H2 buffer. SiCo Specwar 556.

I have found that the Geissele Airborne CH has been the best. Better than Radian Raptor or Raptor SD. Better than BCM GF (though the BCM was closest in my exp). Better than PRI. Etc.

The really square profile of the shaft of the CH seems to occupy more of the space inside of the upper, leaving less room for gas to move backwards toward your face.

Indoors, with 5.56 pressure Federal M193 55gr, and no eye pro (for testing), I get *zero* gas to face for one-two shots. Stationary in a rest. The Geissele Airborne has been the only CH to get me there, so far. BCM was closer than anybody else, but that ended up on a non-suppressed gun (fantastic CH, btw).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you talking about the new BCM charging handles, optimized for use in their Mk2 upper receiver, or the older models?