Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
Added a little color and changed some parts out.

Pulled the V7 selector switch and replaced it with a short throw BAD-CASS. They are both great parts, I'm partial to the BAD-CASS

Also you can see the difference the Forward Controls EMR-C makes. Duffy has commented that this is the perfect replacement on the LR-308 because the mag button is taller. It really looks good, has excellent purchase and is finally the correct height.

And I just think this is a really cool picture for some reason.

Ever have those builds where just nice things happen during parts acquisition? I bought this anti-cant on the E&E. Problem was, it didn't work. The Seller kindly refunded my money. I held onto it for a while, then finally on a whim contacted US Optics, just to see if there was shim or something I was missing. (The mount would not come close to tightening on my rail.) US Optics wrote back and said, "Oh that's our Gen 1, we haven't produced those in over 10 years. But send me your mailing address and I'll mail you a new one." And so they did. I have the old one in my shop, right on one of my a magnetic bars. Right in front of me as I'm working. Just to remind me that there are still random acts of kindness even by big names like USO. Hats off to them, and it just makes for a good memory regarding this build.
How are you liking the SLR ION handguard? I'm looking at using it for my build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk