Thread: Review: Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x (BTR-2 Reticle/FFP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I like how the cross hairs are extended all the way to the center. I'm not the biggest fan of floating dot reticles for precision shooting, but its not a deal breaker.

The .1 mil has marks are fine for the ends, provided you could make them out at 6x.

I would open the bottom of the larger circle, to kind of a horseshoe, to make it easier if you come down on the target and to give a visual reference to make sure the rifle isn't canted if you can only see the illuminated part.

How would you illuminate it? Painted etched reticle, holographic, LED or fiber?
    OP, let me know if you want this taken somewhere else. Since we got into reticles, I thought this would be relevant here. If not, let me know. Maybe somebody at Bushnell will want to take a look at this thread as you give your input based on experience with the reticle and we work through possible variations.

BP -- Yeah, I like the ability to quarter targets also. The horseshoe suggestion is good. I added a 1 Mil hash at the bottom of the horseshoe and gave it illumination to help with leveling.

As far as illumination, probably just LED. Ideally, the horseshoe would be bold enough to work during the day in almost all conditions without needing the illumination. Having the horseshoe and dot in the SFP will definitely make that possible.

Last edited by a0cake; 11-03-12 at 18:49.