Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
There are many good, simple, tactical-ish lights from various manufacturers that can get the job done with either separate button switching (copied in the new SF R1 Lawman) or even simpler two level by either bezel loose/tight. Unfortunately, you have to sort through all the other disco lights to find the simple ones:
This has been my issue pretty much since the get-go of all these also-ran lights.

I don't have time to de-geek all these CPF lights. it is frigging maddening. One of them I ordered wound up sucking a coworker and I into a vortex of fiddling while we tried to figure out how to get it to do what I wanted it to do, only to find out I had ordered the wrong model anyway and it wasn't the 5k49cx-1 that I should have bought but the 5k49cx-2. The good news is that it was cheap enough to just leave there on my desk as a monument to one more reason to simply buy Surefire.

If you're a light geek and you have the time and inclination to dork out on all the fiddle-****ing and you don't consider it a waste of time because you enjoy that stuff, rock on. Go find the holy grail of tactifool lights. But for me, I like the fact that I can buy from Surefire and know that the light is more than durable enough, will not succumb to the latest forum-inspired trickery, and will get the job done and have the support I need should it not.

To equate it to guns, I'm an AR geek. I enjoy (or did, it's fading rapidly) learning about them, fiddle-****ing with new parts, etc. But that is wholly a waste of time if you take away the enjoyment aspect. If the goal is to get the job done you go buy a Colt, BCM, or Daniel Defense and you go get the job done.