Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
It seems rather unlikely that a major corporation (Sherwin Williams) would market a dangerous-to-humans...oil.

Dude, not to call you out on it, but your kidding right? Major corporations as a general rule care about how harmful their chemicals are to people???
I mean yea they put warnings on them, but they still have them on the market. They leave it up to the user to take the necessary precautions. Make no mistake, They ARE dangerous. A lot of what I read caution about LONG term effects to things like your nervous system.
My sister worked at a "Sherwin Williams" before she started to work in the dentistry industry & even most of their paint have chemicals that is hazardous to you. Not to mention their "Industrial", Hardcore stuff.
I mean, even my bore brushes had warnings on the packages that stated- "warning, this products contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause Cancer, Birth defects & reproductive harm." I see that more now days than anything, like on packages of Lube, Solvent, etc...
If using "some" of the hazardous products in this test that show corrosion inhibitory properties, I'm going to Take a little more care. I'm not going to protect my gun & not myself. After all my guns are nothing without me.
There are some Lubes out there that say non-toxic though, like TW23B, Frog Lube & some others, but if one says its hazardous to your health, I'm inclined to think its hazardous to your health.
Just sayin man.