Thread: Corrosion Testing (New Pics - 5-08-12)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    +1

I've seen Break Free win many tests over the years. Of course some of the newer chemicals didn't exist then.

What I like about Break Free is that it is a penetrant. The stuff gets into every nook and cranny where moisture can hide, and an AR has plenty of those. I've watched guns that were just half-assed oiled up with Break Free look completely coated in a few days. Somehow the stuff migrates from where you put it into every place it can go. I've seen FCG pins that were dry on the outside but coated with Break Free on the inside develop a "halo" of oil around them on the outside of the receiver, like the oil had a life and will of its own. I don't recall seeing rust develop on any gun first coated with Break Free and then put in the safe for years.

For safe queens, I like nothing better, although I may try some of the others too.
    I may have to store mine for 3 years or so depending on where I deploy to next year, if so I'll use eezox for that long especially since they will be in my parents attic.
    Last edited by Todd00000; 04-27-12 at 14:46.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM