Thread: Scar 17s range report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Scar 17s range report

Fellas,

I took my Scar Heavy FDE out yesterday to the range for the first time to zero in my Comp M4 w/ LRP mount and standard spacer. I also have a 3x aimpoint magnifier w/ LaRue pivot (649-30T) attached. It was a cold day but very nice weather and a little bit of wind. I am by no means a great shot and have very little experience w/ assault rifles in general. I was also shooting Hornady 150 gr. SST. Once it was sighted in at 100 yards, I was shooting 10 shot groups 4 inches or less. I also shot a couple 3 shot groups that were 1 inch or less. Like I said, I have little experience. I could feel myself pulling the gun off the target many times when I was shooting more than 3 shot groups. I was using a couple sandbags on a bench which really helped out. I am posting this because I have read mixed reviews of the accuracy of this weapon. This rifle shoots a ton better than I expected. I am going back to the range today to see if I can achieve the same results or better. This is probably my 7th time EVER to go to a firing range. (I have land where I can shoot whenever, but it doesn't help when sighting in a rifle) Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who is nervous about the SCAR 17s HEAVY's accuracy. Thanks for the time.

Oh, and by the way, I am going to put the aimpoint w/ magnifier on the LMT CQB 16" 5.56 piston rifle I have and buy a nice scope for the 17s. I am going to get either swarovski z6i, Mark 8 CQBSS, or S&B short dot.
    Last edited by Arkansas; 01-14-12 at 10:39.