Well, I've come quite a ways since I found this website. Started with a RRA LAR-15 mid-length HBAR with a $100 Bushnell red dot sight in a cheap junk single mount. It was a good learning platform and was really a nice rifle. But, after gaining a wealth of knowledge here, I sold it along with a few other guns that I felt didn't suit my needs, and took that money to fund this project.

I wanted to build a carbine with 2 goals in mind: Keeping it as light as possible, and keeping it simple and durable. I wanted a carbine/parts that would last a long time if, for some reason, I couldn't easily acquire spare parts. So: Lightweight, Durable, Simple, and Ergonomic.

Specs:

Upper: BCM BFH 16" Midlength LW w/ gunfighter mod 5 CH and FSP
BCG: LMT F/A carrier w/ Enhanced bolt
Troy BUIS
Aimpoint Micro H1 in Larue Tactical absolute co-witness QD mount
Magpul MOE handguard w/ MVG cut and stippled and a rail section on the opposite side for my Surefire X300
PWS FSC-556 comp

Lower: LMT Defender 2000 w/ 2 stage trigger
Magpul: MIAD grip stippled, trigger guard, BAD lever, and CTR Milspec stock
VCAS sling

I'm not sure which buffer came with my LMT lower; it has no markings..

I want to say I weighed it once upon a time as-is, minus magazine, and it weighed 6lbs 4 oz, but I could be wrong. I don't have a scale to weigh it here now, but I'll see if I can find something soon so I can have the official weight.

This thing is a shooter! I can't believe how accurate it is! No official accuracy data yet, but I am consistently shooting about ~4" 5 shot groups at 100yds, and like 1.5"-2" 5 shot groups at 50yds with irons and the aimpoint. And I've only put about 500 or so rounds through it but every one of those were trouble free. It's very soft shooting and handles very easily with the lightweight hammer forged barrel and minimal haundguard clutter. Looking forward to getting some more rounds through her as funds and time allow..

And now the good part:

Attachment 10136

Attachment 10137

Attachment 10138

And the stippling I did on my M&Ps

Attachment 10139

Attachment 10140