Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand Intro with Slow Motion Firing

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)

M1 Garand Intro with Slow Motion Firing

I made a short video about the Garand, showing a couple bayonets for it, and then shooting it, with a full clip being shot in slow motion, which is kind of fun to watch and listen to. Sorry for the shooting in the background, it was a busy day at the range yesterday.

http://youtu.be/KFBEridpmdA?hd=1
    Last edited by ptmccain; 12-27-11 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    After watching a marathon session Band of Brothers and your posts, I want to get my own M1 garand.

I also saw your post on refinishing the garand and carbine stocks and it pretty cool on what a little time and effort could for old wood.

Thanks for the posting the video!

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Thanks for watching, sorry for the shooting in the background.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr-fan View Post
    After watching a marathon session Band of Brothers and your posts, I want to get my own M1 garand.

I also saw your post on refinishing the garand and carbine stocks and it pretty cool on what a little time and effort could for old wood.

Thanks for the posting the video!
    BoB was my inspiration to get a M1..Bought both of mine throught the CMP...That's probably the best place to get one.Seeing how you're in Columbus, the north store is only about 3hrs away...I would'nt wait too long,Within the last year or so,the supply of service grade M1's seem to be drying up, as the wait times for orders (e-mail and snail mail) seem to get longer and the pickings at the north,south, stores get slimmer. IMO, they are true peices of American history,and deserve to be taken care of...
    Last edited by ralph; 12-27-11 at 19:36.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ptmccain;
    who made the 16: bayonet in your vid?..I have one, it's mint,..a'43 W.T. ..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    ptmccain;
    who made the 16: bayonet in your vid?..I have one, it's mint,..a'43 W.T. ..
    It is a SA armory 16" bayo made in 1906.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Awesome video. Keep the M1 posts coming.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    BoB was my inspiration to get a M1..Bought both of mine throught the CMP...That's probably the best place to get one.Seeing how you're in Columbus, the north store is only about 3hrs away...I would'nt wait too long,Within the last year or so,the supply of service grade M1's seem to be drying up, as the wait times for orders (e-mail and snail mail) seem to get longer and the pickings at the north,south, stores get slimmer. IMO, they are true peices of American history,and deserve to be taken care of...
    I just picked up a field grade M1 Garand. The stock was a bit rough but I stripped it down, restained and oiled it The iron was 100% all HRA and nice with a bit of handling wear. The bore was nice and bright and clean inside. I haven't shot it yet but got two cans of Greek loose ammo to shoot up.

I recommend everyone grab up a field grade while they are to be had. I imagine that in 18 months they'll all be gone, if not sooner.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    It is a SA armory 16" bayo made in 1906.
    Wow, you don't see those everyday, either..16"bayo's are getting very difficult to find..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    I just picked up a field grade M1 Garand. The stock was a bit rough but I stripped it down, restained and oiled it The iron was 100% all HRA and nice with a bit of handling wear. The bore was nice and bright and clean inside. I haven't shot it yet but got two cans of Greek loose ammo to shoot up.

I recommend everyone grab up a field grade while they are to be had. I imagine that in 18 months they'll all be gone, if not sooner.
    I've shot a bunch of the Greek ammo myself, If you reload, the cases are reloadable...The price on that stuff (greek ammo) has gone through the roof...When I started buying it, it was $45 a can, (clipped and in bandoleers) I wish I would've bought more of it...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast