Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Accu-Wedge

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Accu-Wedge

What's everybodys thoughts on the accu-wedge? I've never used one before.
    Co-Owner - Tier One Defense
    Custom Rifle Builders
    www.tieronedefense.com

LE Firearms Instructor
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer

Feedback Score
    I doubt it has any benefit to accuracy since the optic and barrel are both on the upper, but you can use it to remove annoying rattle from especially loose upper/lower fits.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A reasonable amount of play between the upper and lower receiver has absolutely no effect on accuracy. The relationship between the optic / sights and the barrel is unaffected by this movement. All an Accu-Wedge is going to do is break apart and jam up your fire control group, possibly rendering your weapon unusable. And if Murphy has his way, this will be at the worst possible time. The Accu-Wedge is a solution looking for a problem. Stay away.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    As a Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer what do you know about its function?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Also forgot to mention that sometimes an Accu-Wedge can make it extremely difficult to move the takedown pin without using some kind of punch. This is less than ideal in case you need to quickly break down your rifle. Also, think about the additional stress such a tight fit would put on that pin and related assemblies. Yet another reason to not use an Accu-Wedge.
    Last edited by a0cake; 09-18-11 at 22:24. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    I can't imagine one breaking apart inside the gun. They are compressed under and wedged behind the pin lug. I have heard of pistol recoil buffers breaking inside the gun though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    As a Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer what do you know about its function?
    Function of what? A Colt? I'm sure it functions fine without the accu-wedgie

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I only use them in match guns to tighten up the fit.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I think it's something to remember or worry about that's not needed. I have an AR with the upper and lower matched to a point that the rear pin is real tight but starting to loosen up to a point that I can push it out with a little pressure on the rear of the upper. I have two other AR's that are loose between the upper and lower. They all shoot with no difference in accuracy. Keep it simple, eliminate what is not needed and you will have fewer things that might fail over time or by design.
    NRA Lifetime Member
    Firearms and Diesel Trucks....the left's worst nightmare!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    I can't imagine one breaking apart inside the gun. They are compressed under and wedged behind the pin lug. I have heard of pistol recoil buffers breaking inside the gun though.
    Some genius in my unit bought a whole bunch of these during a deployment some years back. A lot of people took the bait, and there were numerous instances of the Accu-Wedge splitting down the middle vertically, dislodging, and falling down underneath and into the FCG area. A real pain in the ass to get out without removing the trigger. Needless to say, they were soon banned from use. This may not be common in controlled environments, but I believe the high heat and low humidity in the desert lead to the rubber drying out and cracking.
    Last edited by a0cake; 09-18-11 at 21:26.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast