Thread: SLR 107 trigger

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

SLR 107 trigger

I own a wasr 10 and am looking to upgrade to an arsenal 107f with a sidefolding stock. My wasr came with a tapco g2 trigger which is pretty good for an ak. I cant get my hands on an arsenal 107f right now to check the trigger. How does the stock trigger feel? Really my concern is how clean the trigger is and if it will slap my finger when it resets? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Arsenal has a wonderful system to eliminate trigger slap. The heel of the disconnector hits a raised portion of the receiver instead of the trigger when it is knocked back by the hammer. To me, this alone is well worth the Arsenal trigger over others.
    Dave

INNOVATION IS SELDOM ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT CONTROVERSY.
    My first rule of a gunfight, thanks to John Farnam's wise advice. "Get away from there!"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    To build on what Dave said, the Arsenal FCG will also give you a pseudo 2 stage pull.

I personally like them, some guys prefer the older style, and if you do, you could drop a G2 set in there if you like.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    The Arsenal trigger is a bit gritty when new. After a bit of use, it cleans up. Its still not as nice and the G2, however a good AK smith can polish it to be just as crisp. If you have it already in your gun, its worth the fine tuning, I am not sure i would buy it over a G2 for a non-Arsenal gun.

There are no trigger slap issues with the Arsenal triggers, at least on all of mine.

Feedback Score
    I have a G2 and an Arsenal (not their pseudo-2-stage, but a standard 1-stage) and the thing I really like about the Arsenal is the rounded face of the trigger. The G2 has a sharp angle where your finger goes. It wasn't much of a bother when I had the G2, but then once I got the Arsenal it was much more comfortable. One of those "you don't know what you don't know" things. As for actual pull, they're both the same to me, I don't really notice a difference (and I'm not picky, so I'm not the best judge). Like was mentioned before, having a disconnector with a tail coupled with the special rivet will prevent trigger slap. This can be done with any disconnector, as long as it has a tail. You don't have to have the Arsenal unit to do it. The way the G2 avoids trigger slap is by shortening the back of the trigger itself (where it meets the disconnector).