Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA 300 BLK barrels

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Nice - too bad they don't yet offer them in shorter lengths.
    I would like to buy this exact same barrel in 10.5" so I can build a new upper that matches the look and feel of my current SBR upper which has a 10.5" Noveske N4 barrel and Centurion 9" rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hmm, fine print says these barrels will only work suppressed...

Feedback Score
    Well, think of it as a barrel-kit where you can do your own R&D and open the gas port if needed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    Well, think of it as a barrel-kit where you can do your own R&D and open the gas port if needed.
    because that's just what I want to buy. Will these only work with subsonic rounds suppressed? Because that's fine. But if they'll only work with regular ammo suppressed as well, well that's pretty crappy.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Isn't one of the big advantages of the 300blk supposed to be that you can shoot subsonic, supersonic, suppressed, and un-suppressed in the same barrel without the need for gas adjustment?

Feedback Score
    Yes, that is a big advantage. And it can do that while staying within Colt M4 specs for cyclic rate. But that does not mean everyone cares about that - so each barrel maker does what they think their customers want. There are plenty of choices in barrels, and someone someone who wants a chrome-lined barrel - this is one of the few choices.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklabel66 View Post
    Isn't one of the big advantages of the 300blk supposed to be that you can shoot subsonic, supersonic, suppressed, and un-suppressed in the same barrel without the need for gas adjustment?
    The barrel maker determines whether the round will function in all of the configurations you mentioned above by using the proper measurements. It's not an indicator of the round, itself.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I passed on the barrel after realizing the exact same thing, not enough R&D from this manufacturer if they sell this barrel with a disclaimer. Plus that means if they are getting these blanks, a few months later the market should open up and hopefully I can buy a N4 in .300 BLK. That way I won't have to worry about monkeying around with the barrel at my level.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Noveske states that subsonics may not be reliable in their 10.5" 300BLK uppers but mine has functioned just fine with the 220gr Remington ammo.

I guess there is an inherent risk of the round being underpowered to fully operate the BCG and it is nice that the manufacturer states as such and is honest about it - but I have not witnessed any FTF or malfs because of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast