Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 220 "made in Germany"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sig 220 "made in Germany"

I've been looking for a 45 single stack and came across a Sig 220 which read "made in Germany" and "Sigarms" some city NH. And a S&W 4566.

Both are used police guns. Sig had a good trigger and weight but the Smith was cheaper. $499 vs $389.

I know there is not a lot of love for Sigs here but im not sure of what to make of the "Made in Germany" and "New Hampshire" at the same time.

This would be for EDC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Sounds like a German made gun imported through Sig of New Hampshire. When they were great pistols.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea but there are no german markings on it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    i've had a couple that were marked west germany
    supposedly former cop guns
    got them for $425 +or-
    great shooters
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    Sig's US headquarters are in Exeter, NH and the guns are marked to indicate their importer/manufacturer location so it will say NH whether it was made there or imported through there. Some Sigs at one time were marked "frame made in Germany". I don't recall if the 220 was one of them. Those guns had US made slides on German frames. If it just says "made in Germany" then it should be at least largely German made parts. Does it have the older stamped slide or the machined stainless slide?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I got mine in 2001 it has proof marks on the slide
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnut284 View Post
    Sig's US headquarters are in Exeter, NH and the guns are marked to indicate their importer/manufacturer location so it will say NH whether it was made there or imported through there. Some Sigs at one time were marked "frame made in Germany". I don't recall if the 220 was one of them. Those guns had US made slides on German frames. If it just says "made in Germany" then it should be at least largely German made parts. Does it have the older stamped slide or the machined stainless slide?
    Yes sig did mark some of the p220 frames with "FRAME MADE IN GERMANY" Mine from a few years ago is marked like that. Couldn't tell you what my slide had said though. It was one of the ones with an internal extractor(which I never had a problem with). I sent the gun back to sig for a promotion they had to get it upgraded some and they swapped my slide for one with an external extractor.

Feedback Score
    If the slide (carbon steel w/breech block) is marked made in Germany and the frame is not, most likely it is a hybrid. Slide/Barrel made in Germany, frame/gun assembled in the US. Considered by many to be some of the best made SIGs (mid to late 90's), with an improved slide. The NH is the import mark.

This link may provide some insight.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...303#7850046303
    Last edited by rpm2010; 12-16-12 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm2010 View Post
    If the slide (carbon steel w/breech block) is marked made in Germany and the frame is not, most likely it is a hybrid. Slide/Barrel made in Germany, frame/gun assembled in the US. Considered by many to be some of the best made SIGs (mid to late 90's), with an improved slide. The NH is the import mark.

This link may provide some insight.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...303#7850046303
    That sounds right because ive seen the ones marked "frame made in Germany" but this one is only marked on the slide.

My other question is.... could I still get parts for it. Ive read that Sig likes to make small changes as they go and discontinue older parts

Feedback Score
    Your best bet would be to put in a WTB ad in Sig Forum (classifieds), not sure if you're a member of that forum, but it couldn't hurt to become one since you now own a SIG (or will soon). I can't think of a better place to find parts for the older guns like yours. A lot of the members want to keep their guns MIM free. I was surprised to see SIG replaced that guys (ccosby) slide with one with an external extractor, wonder if they kept the slide or gave it back to him, like they do old parts that are replaced. Wouldn't seem right to me if they replaced it and kept the older slide. Who knows, maybe that's how they get parts for the CPO's.
    Last edited by rpm2010; 12-16-12 at 14:00.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast