Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX160 Update

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    Yes, I was talking about known facts of the ARX160. I didn't anything subjective like how comfort it is or much I like it, it's just undeniable that it's design has a lot of improvements over the M4. Wouldn't be nice if you could change barrels in a much faster way or your stock could fold thanks to a BCG that doesn't require a giant buffer?
    So you don't own one? I'll take a collapsible stock and a fixed barrel over vaporware, any day of the week.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
    Yes, I was talking about known facts of the ARX160. I didn't anything subjective like how comfort it is or much I like it, it's just undeniable that it's design has a lot of improvements over the M4. Wouldn't be nice if you could change barrels in a much faster way or your stock could fold thanks to a BCG that doesn't require a giant buffer?
    I love how the arx is already being anointed the latest and greatest and yet no one has any first hand experience with it besides handling at the shot show. This gun is looking to join the masada and hk 416 as the most overhyped guns before they even hit the shelves.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    So you don't own one? I'll take a collapsible stock and a fixed barrel over vaporware, any day of the week.
    Again, it is not vapoware. This weapon actually exists and is being deployed by Italian troops in A-Stan. The fact that our country has difficult importation laws is not Beretta's fault.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    I agree with lanesmith. Masada is vaporware because it was designed and then never made, the design was sold to someone else, they tweaked it and released it to civilians, etc.

The ARX-160 is a real rifle and has been for a while. Obviously the point still stands that not many people here have experience with it

I think the fact that the controls are ambidextrous, the stock collapses and folds etc should be self-evidently better, though. How would a stock that collapses but can't fold be better in any way than one that collapses AND folds? Only through poor execution, and that doesn't speak of the design concept, only that execution.

Feedback Score
    Ultimately, I think the answer is that we do not yet know if the features will allow the ARX-160 to eclipse the M16/M4 platform. On paper, it looks great. However, it has not run head-to-head against the M4 to see which is more reliable and durable. To the discriminating end-user, the M4 sets the minimum reliability and durability standards that must be met (and hopefully surpassed) before features become important.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    Again, it is not vapoware. This weapon actually exists and is being deployed by Italian troops in A-Stan. The fact that our country has difficult importation laws is not Beretta's fault.
    I fail to see how Italian troops using it in Afghanistan makes it any less vaporware in the US?

When the M4C SME's give it a thorough wringing out and I can go down to my local hardware store and pick one up, it's worth discussing. Till then, it's nothing more than a fantastical story designed to keep salivating gearheads awake at night.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some new updates:

http://www.guns.com/special-the-bere...rket-6824.html

So, in the $1,500 range, and available later this year...maybe.

It is nice to hear that they can't introduce a new product yet because they're already so busy producing existing products. One should be so lucky.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m03 View Post
    Some new updates:

http://www.guns.com/special-the-bere...rket-6824.html

So, in the $1,500 range, and available later this year...maybe.

It is nice to hear that they can't introduce a new product yet because they're already so busy producing existing products. One should be so lucky.
    At $1500 I think it would be a viable option and would have success in the u s market. However I hope beretta wont pull a masada $1500 to acr $2400 trick on us.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    At $1500 I think it would be a viable option and would have success in the u s market. However I hope beretta wont pull a masada $1500 to acr $2400 trick on us.
    Or let Bushmaster build it.

If it's in the $1,500 range, I'd be interested. The main thing that held me back on the SCAR16 for example, was the price, when my daniel defense can do basically the same for half the price.

Feedback Score
    Albanian SF with ARX-160:

Last edited by Slater; 04-15-12 at 11:21.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast