Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX160 Update

Feedback Score

Beretta ARX160 Update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RsocYfB1N0

I had a chance to check out the ARX-160 and ARX-160 A2 at SHOT Show this past week. Here's a run down of the weapon along with some commentary by yours truly at the end regarding the availability of the rifle on the civilian market.
    Please check out the Military Arms Channel on YouTube.

Feedback Score
    Wow, last I heard there was zero interest by them to introduce it to civilians. Even if it's not in the near future, this is a nice update. Wonder how it'll stack up to the SCAR and ACR.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    This is one of the few newly designed rifles that I really look forward to getting my hands on...

Thanks for the video!

Feedback Score
    "By simply putting a few drops of oil on the ejectors and extractors, which is the only place where we have steel-to-steel sliding contact, you have lubricated the gun. Everything else, everywhere else, the steel is riding on self-lubricating polymers, so there's no need for oil, no need for that oil to attract the sand and the dust and gum everything up."

WTF!?? How is steel riding on polymer going to hold up to any kind of long-term use?

Not only that, but the .22 version is being made by Umarex, which has already proven they can screw up just about anything they put their hands on.

I was actually looking forward to playing with this rifle, but waiting two years for it just seems silly. Then again, the ACR was a cluster****, and the SCAR seems to be losing momentum in 5.56mm, so maybe the ARX-160 will be able to capture some of the market when (if?) it finally hits stores in the US.
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    The problem with all of these 3rd generation carbines, is none are living up to the dream.

The one carbine trying to live up to 3G carbine promise is the XCR which actually does have a barrel selection, caliber kits, different length uppers etc etc.

Even the MRP is closer to hitting the 3G mark than the SCAR and ACR.

So if the ARX160 drops onto the scene with zero support and versatility, what's the point?

I am hopeful that Beretta gets it right where Bushy/Remmy/FN have failed.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    "By simply putting a few drops of oil on the ejectors and extractors, which is the only place where we have steel-to-steel sliding contact, you have lubricated the gun. Everything else, everywhere else, the steel is riding on self-lubricating polymers, so there's no need for oil, no need for that oil to attract the sand and the dust and gum everything up."

WTF!?? How is steel riding on polymer going to hold up to any kind of long-term use?
    It's called "new material technology".

I shot through an ARX160 in half range day something like 360 rounds. When I disassembled I saw that there was no metal rails in the main body of the gun. When I asked how much the ARX160 has been shot, Beretta engineers answered "This rifles has already shot 5000 round before you..."

And not a sign of wear...

Feedback Score
    Another good take at the ARX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422ybNVKjWE

The guy says that Beretta plans to produce and sell it in the USA til the end of the year or the beginning of the next.

The barrel change is so incredibly easy, puts all other guns to shame.

Feedback Score
    I had two reps tell me the same thing, "not this year perhaps the following year". They introduced the ARX-160/22 this year to hold people over. Their reason given was that Beretta is chasing government contracts in the US and that takes precedence over a civilian legal rifle right now.

Last year they said it would drop by the end of the year. Here we are a year later and no ARX-160. I would think 2 years out is a conservative estimate.
    Please check out the Military Arms Channel on YouTube.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd rather have a CZ 805 Bren A1, just saying. . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Very interesting - for me much more so than the Tavor.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast