Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scar 17s range report

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by train of abuses View Post
    BTW, Arkansas, how light does the SCAR feel compared to other 308 battle rifles you may have handled? Like a FAL or an AR based rifle? Is it really noticeable as many have reported?
    The SCAR H is crazy light for .308 battle rifle. I have only shot a couple other AR-10 platforms (LMT and LWRC .308) and there is no comparison as far as weight and recoil. The one thing that I have noticed is the muzzle break on my SCAR is pretty loud. It has a concussion feeling when you pull the trigger. Everyone around you feels it too!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I'm can't comment on the SCAR17 since I don't own one, however I can offer you a bit of comparative data in regards to your ammo selection.

I recently evaluated the Hornady 150gr. SST through my new MWS, and it's easily one of my favorite loads for it. Its very clean shooting ammo, and has very mild recoil as well outta all the different types of .308/7.62 factory ammo Ive evaluated thus far.

I'd stick with your ammo choice if your trying to ultimately evaluate the rifle's accuracy as it's very, very capable stuff.

Good luck and stick with it, it will all come together eventually for you
    Thanks! The ammo is as good or better than expected. I will try out some other ammo as well, but this will be my go to ammo for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12