Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just got the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X from Botach, ordered Saturday night and received in Hawaii today. I dont know how I went without this type of ear protection, best $200 Ive spent in a long time.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    I just got the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X from Botach, ordered Saturday night and received in Hawaii today. I dont know how I went without this type of ear protection, best $200 Ive spent in a long time.
    I was thinking of getting a pair of those as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Peltor Shotgunner. I like these as they are very comfortable and extremely low profile.

Surefire EarPro EP-3 Sonic Defenders. I bought these on a whim, to try something other than the USGI orange earplugs. I like them...they're comfortable and work well.

Indoors, I use both. Outdoors, usually just the muffs.

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." - Abraham Lincoln

Semper Fidelis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    You wont regret it.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I've owned a pair of Supreme Pros for about a year now with no regrets. They're comfortable with or without an ACH on. You probably won't have this issue but not only do they provide me with protection, they also give my forehead a break when I'm out on a night patrol with my 14s on.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recently picked up a Peltor Tactical Sport headset. I understand they are somewhat new.

I haven't done any testing but according to a Peltor rep, it has the same noise canceling circuitry as their higher end Comtac ACH. I don't know this first hand though so this could be wrong.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=230

They take AAA batteries, not AA like the Larue site says.

They can be had for right around $100 and they come with both high visibility orange covers as well as black covers.

They seem pretty rugged so far and I plan to take them to the range for the first time today.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    I am looking for the lightest and looking for a price range around a $100.00 and smallest size, I mean the least in size and I am able to understand the range instructer and easy to find batterys for it or can recharge it.
    Lawdog, I would recommend the Peltor Tac 6. They are below your buget and very light. I've had a set since 05 with no problems. A lot of guys are advising Sordins. I have had the following experiences with them. Three sets in less than a year, loosing connections in the ear mic's and boom mic. By the end of my tour everyone had either had to buy there own or scavenge parts from a large box of broke ones. I found them to be very uncomfortable even with the gel ear cups. The way the ear cups attach to the head band creates are a pressure point above the ear. I was wearing them with a gun fighter cut helmet. A high cut might relieve this a little. They also don't seal very well and make comms difficult at times. Just my .02.
    Last edited by b6b; 05-26-10 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know how to change out the padding on the Sordin Supreme Pro's to the gel ones. I'm having trouble taking it apart and well the diagrams aren't of much help.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
    Anyone know how to change out the padding on the Sordin Supreme Pro's to the gel ones. I'm having trouble taking it apart and well the diagrams aren't of much help.
    Work your fingers under the inside of the pad and pull, it will pop out. Might require a little more force being the first time.

Feedback Score
    Anyone using Sordin Supreme III Pro+ ?

How do they compare to the Pro X? Is the extra bulk a problem when using an AR?

Specs for Sordin_Supreme_III_PRO_plus.pdf

Specs for Supreme_proX.pdf

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast