Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossie Tactics 2400 FSB Light Mount

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    On the SBR's, it looks like the light might take a beating from muzzle flash. What has your experience been?
    Mine is now mounted on a 11.5 upper but I still need to make it to the range with this setup. After speaking with several who have run it in this position on a SBR they say that the light gets some buildup on it but no light failures with the X300. I could see a TLR1 taking a beating though as its not as solid of a light. I always treat my lense with a little lube or chapstick so I can just sweep the buildup off with my finger. Re-apply at a later time and drive on.

During an extended training class I would wear gloves for sure but in an LE setting where only a few shots are fired (except in rare occassions) I don't see gloves being needed. I made it through two mags with it on a 6920 before I began to notice the heat on my hand being uncomfortable.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Mine's in the mail. Looking forward to using it. Simplicity and common sense is a major plus for me. This mount will be useful to a lot more than LE personnel IMHO. A little more expensive than I expected, but still cheaper than an extended quality rail not to mention less weight. Congrats to designer who apparently has been there and done that!

Feedback Score
    I have mine its a great mount set up rock solid
    STEVE FISHER
    INSTRUCTOR
    Sentinel Concepts

Consultant for
    Trijicon
    midwest industries
    Nighthawk custom firearms

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Picked up the Mossy Tactical Light Mount from Rainier Arms today along with a Surefire 300. Blessed Mother of All Kittens, I didn't realize how expensive this light was! It is very bright for such a light and compact package.

Mounting the light mount to the FSB using the supplied Allen key was very easy. The hardest part was torquing the bottom screw. The space between rail & mount means being limited to about one eighth turn with the wrench. Patience and care ensured this was done without rounding off the wrench or set screws. A nice touch was the run-in torque to keep the set screws from backing out. I don't know if the run-in torque is mechanical or from pre-applied Lok-tite.

I used the Lever-Latch that comes pre-installed on the Surefire 300 and with a bit of persuasion, slid the light onto the Mossy Tactics mount. The fit is very tight and it took even more persuasion to remove it. Even with the Lever-Latch, switching the light from weapon to weapon won't be fast. This isn't a gripe, just an observation and may not be worth worrying over.

The battery hatch is easy to open- almost too easy- and difficult to close and latch. Surefire provided a retaining pin to lock the door closed.

By itself, the mount & light feels very light in the hand. Mounted on the rifle, the change in balance is small but noticeable. The carbine feels little more sluggish and top heavy than before. To operate the switch, I have to move my hand up to the FSB but it's nothing I can't work with.

The light is very bright. Before mounting it on the carbine, I took it outside just as it was getting dark. It easily lit up the house across the street and across the small parking lot of our apartment. It will easily light up anything inside a room.

This light & mount is easy to install and simple and elegant in execution. Both light & mount seem solid and well made. Despite the initial sticker shock, I am satisfied
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-14-12 at 03:00.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    ugh the shipping wait is killing me with all these pix!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I used the Lever-Latch that comes pre-installed on the Surefire 300 and with a bit of persuasion, slid the light onto the Mossy Tactics mount. The fit is very tight and it took even more persuasion to remove it. Even with the Lever-Latch, switching the light from weapon to weapon won't be fast. This isn't a gripe, just an observation and may not be worth worrying over.
    The light can be adjusted. Loosen the screws on the latch, install on the rail and retighten the screws while on the rail. I had to do this with my Glocks and the light slides right on and off now with ease.

My Mossie mount should arrive in the mail today...
    Last edited by arptsprt; 01-14-12 at 08:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Misty, so you got a light just to use the mount (like I did?)

Rainier ships super fast, getting there is half the fun
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Admittedly Duffy, while I didn't know what light I wanted, I knew I wanted this mount as soon as I saw it. I didn't know anything about the weapon lights themselves when I went down to Rainier Arms to buy it. Granted, I still don't know what I don't know about weapon lights, but I felt this is the best combination I've seen for my needs.

The carbine is for HD. A rifle is easier for me to operate than a handgun. My time on this site has convinced me that with the advances made in weapon light technology, it was time to mount one on my HD firearm

(Don't tell anyone, but this mount & light does have a cool factor that I really like)
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-14-12 at 14:14.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    got mine in, pix to come later, awesome!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Granted, I still don't know what I don't know about weapon lights, but I felt this is the best combination I've seen for my needs.

I think you would be hard pressed to do better.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast