Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Paterno and Penn State

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Paterno and Penn State sold out a bunch of little kids to a pederast rapist to protect their precious football program and the millions of dollars it brought into the school and their own pockets.

They knew. And they continued to let this guy walk around their campus and show up at their games with little boys.

All you Joe Pa acolytes can make excuses for the guy till the cows come home. Then go look those victims in the eye and tell 'em Joe Pa and Penn State did everything they could to stop their old coaching buddy from molesting and raping them.

That's it. I'm out of this one.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Paterno and Penn State sold out a bunch of little kids to a pederast rapist to protect their precious football program and the millions of dollars it brought into the school and their own pockets.

They knew. And they continued to let this guy walk around their campus and show up at their games with little boys.

All you Joe Pa acolytes can make excuses for the guy till the cows come home. Then go look those victims in the eye and tell 'em Joe Pa and Penn State did everything they could to stop their old coaching buddy from molesting and raping them.

So you have inside information?

ETA: And I think it should be clear, I am not arguing against JoePa no longer coaching. I am pissed about how they are half assed handling the situation and bowing to the media. JoePa should have his last home game and disappear into the night. Overall it does better for the situation and lets the focus actually be shifted to where it needs to be, the victims and the guy who committed the crimes. Everyone is forgetting Sandusky. I say this as a paying customer, who are you?
    Last edited by orionz06; 11-11-11 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sports. What is it about sports that makes the American male lose his brain entirely?

I mean, seriously. Why do people give a **** about some asshole running around with a ball? Is it because it's just mindless entertainment? Why do these people get such respect and power? They're PLAYING WITH A ****ING BALL.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I think as a leader he has the responsibility to see things through. Not just passing the issue down the line, and then acting like nothing happened.

No one thinks HE was the one who was raping little boys but when you sit on your hands or do the bare minimum (which did not fix the problem) then you're not living up to your responsibility.

Everyone has a moral obligation to do everything within their power to stop something like this from happening. Even if its sitting down with the police yourself and reporting what you were told. If that doesn't work go up to the state police, FBI, whatever. It doesn't mean he has to take the child rapist out back and put a bullet in his head. It just means once he was aware of it he had the obligation to be persistent in bring the guy to the attention of whoever it takes to get action.

The same should be held true for whoever else was aware of what happened and didn't push for law enforcement action.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Police heard Sandusky confess (or all but) to the mother of one of the boys in 1998...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    While everyone is jumping on the "Bash Paterno Media Lynch Mob" (without knowing ANY facts) it seems the Attorney General, who head up this investigation and knows ALL the facts, is a little confused with the firing of Paterno...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joe-paterno...s#.Tr02yVayDdM
    At this point, no one knows all the facts. There has only been a grand jury hearing and the various criminal and civil trials have not yet happened. In addition, there is already 1 federal investigation just starting (Dept. of Edu) with other state and local inquiries likely to happen.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-11-11 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Police heard Sandusky confess (or all but) to the mother of one of the boys in 1998...

Did this just come out or was it known since then? Even if the police did nothing the school could have kept him out and not allowed him to use their facilities.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    While everyone is jumping on the "Bash Paterno Media Lynch Mob" (without knowing ANY facts) it seems the Attorney General, who head up this investigation and knows ALL the facts, is a little confused with the firing of Paterno...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joe-paterno...s#.Tr02yVayDdM
    The whole situation is screwed up.

When Sandusky was investigated by campus police in 1998 for showing with Victim #6 in the campus facility, do you believe that Joe Paterno DID NOT know about it? Four years later McQuery tells Joe that he saw Sandusky, "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy" (according to Joe's statement in the grand jury report), how does he not think to himself that SOMETHING is seriously wrong since this is the second time he's heard of Sandusky involving a young boy? How does he and especially McQuery (who witnessed the anal raping) go on living like nothing happened everytime they see Sandusky?
    Last edited by johnson; 11-11-11 at 12:58.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post

You make a lot of claims but present no evidence.

I've been reading lots of commentary on this, both pro and con. The more I read, the more I think Paterno got the shaft.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    You make a lot of claims but present no evidence.

I've been reading lots of commentary on this, both pro and con. The more I read, the more I think Paterno got the shaft.
    You will love this then. Seems like the victims families didn't really want Paterno fired. Actually read the statement verbatim and then look to see how the media distorted it.

Read his entire statement here:
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...rustees_g.html

Then look at how they selectively edited it here:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
    Last edited by OldState; 11-11-11 at 13:35.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast