Page 92 of 210 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    I believe I found the fix for my particular gun. Gen 3 19, S prefix SN with 336 ejector. I was having the common brass to the face and weird stove pipes. I installed a LWD extractor, which solved most of my stove pipe issues. I still got the occasional brass to the face. I installed the new 30274 ejector last week. Took the gun out shooting, fired 200 rounds. All brass ejected strong and consistent to 3:30.

I'll keep shooting it until it malfunctions, or proves itself reliable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cost of Apex Fix?

What is the projected cost for the Apex fix?

What individual components would it include?

Is this a fix that someone with no gunsmith training could perform?

If best left to someone with armorer training, what kind of cost to expect?

I ask as I'm trying to decide b/t a police trade-in Gen 2 G17 and Gen3/4. Just trying to do a cost analysis of doing a refurb on the Gen 2 vs. cost of Apex mod (if needed) plus price of new Gen 3/4.

Sorry if I missed this information in the thread.
    Last edited by cinco; 06-28-12 at 08:49. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    What is the projected cost for the Apex fix?

What individual components would it include?

Is this a fix that someone with no gunsmith training could perform?

If best left to someone with armorer training, what kind of cost to expect?

I ask as I'm trying to decide b/t a police trade-in Gen 2 G17 and Gen3/4. Just trying to do a cost analysis of doing a refurb on the Gen 2 vs. cost of Apex mod (if needed) plus price of new Gen 3/4.

Sorry if I missed this information in the thread.

I don't know that a price has been set, but it will be more than any other aftermarket extractor.

Changing out the FPS and extractor is so easy that my 8yr old can do it so you should be fine.

C4

Feedback Score
    G17
    ERRxxx (circa 2000)

This is an older one I recently picked up - unknown mileage but it didn't look like a lot. Everything was clean inside. Ejection was consistently very weak. It would kick most of the brass (Blazer Brass mostly) about a foot nearly straight up and they'd drop down near my right foot. Several rounds per mag would come straight back into my chest. Had the entire frame replaced under the E series recall, it didn't change the ejection. Put a 30274 ejector in last night. Tried two mags, one Blazer Brass and one Ranger T, and now it ejects just like my other Glocks: 4-6 feet away at 3-4 o'clock. I'll report back if the positive change doesn't hold up in further testing, but the new ejector seems to have made a big difference.

Feedback Score
    Since the guys at Apex are testing like mad before it is released...I am betting it works better than other aftermarket extractors.

If the thing costs 2-3 time what Lone Wolf and others want for their Glock extractors....the Apex part will be totally worth it.

Quality parts cost more than iffy parts. Anybody that has bought Wilson or Ed Brown parts for their 1911 knows that quality parts cost good money.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Rob,

Start simple.

Toss in a 30274 ejector. This ejector was designed to contact the case sooner which should push it out a little more forcefully..............................................
    The 30274 ejector is shorter than the 336, that would make it contacting the case later not sooner.

Feedback Score
    So, now I have around 200 rounds through my SGR*** G17 and so far I've had two or three out of 100 hit my head. The extractor already has obvious wear marks:

The extractor slot has very faint (but obvious under an angled light) machining marks, too:

I think this whole extraction/ejection issue is machining related.
    Last edited by Artiz; 06-30-12 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up Good news!!!

I shot 400 rounds with Apex's prototype extractor with no cases to the face and pretty consistent extraction with various ammo. Video coming soon
    Last edited by G34Shooter; 07-01-12 at 20:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I don't know that a price has been set, but it will be more than any other aftermarket extractor.

Changing out the FPS and extractor is so easy that my 8yr old can do it so you should be fine.
    Grant, your 8 yr old can probably do a lot of stuff with guns the average adult can't.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well the video came sooner than later...

Quote Originally Posted by G34Shooter View Post
    I shot 400 rounds with Apex's prototype extractor with no cases to the face and pretty consistent extraction with various ammo. Video coming soon

http://youtu.be/lQIQiBf7SWY

Page 92 of 210 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast