Page 84 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    My Gen 4 G19's problems all got solved as soon as I replaced it with the new ejector I got from Midway USA. The Lone Wolf Extractor did nothing, nor did the replacement RSA.

250 rounds through it since the replacement and no more brass to the face or stovepipes.
    What ejector did you purchase for your G19?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Welp, just got my Glock back from Smyrna for the second time, and like last time, absolutely nothing was done. The gun was sent back to me (both times) with "TEST FIRED. MEETS FACTORY SPECS." Still pegs me in the face and throws cartridges over my shoulders.

Glock really doesn't seem to care. At all. I've never dealt with such crappy service, and if this gun is in spec, then Glock has some pretty damned low standards. This is the first and last Glock I'll ever freaking buy.

What do you guys think: sell it (and the 13 magazines I bought; I like having 15 for every handgun I own) at a loss and move on or wait for Randy and Apex?

Because even with the new Apex equipment, well...I'd still have a Glock, and quite frankly, I don't trust their guns now, as a whole.

(Ugh. And I was SO excited for my first Glock)
    Last edited by DreadPirateMoyer; 06-13-12 at 08:52.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I apologize, I am sure this is in the 40+ pages, but has anybody tried the Lone Wolf extractor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    I apologize, I am sure this is in the 40+ pages, but has anybody tried the Lone Wolf extractor?
    I did on my late Gen 3 guns, no improvement. The 30274 ejectors did stop 6:00 ejection.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    Try the second page.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Welp, just got my Glock back from Smyrna for the second time, and like last time, absolutely nothing was done. The gun was sent back to me (both times) with "TEST FIRED. MEETS FACTORY SPECS." Still pegs me in the face and throws cartridges over my shoulders.

Glock really doesn't seem to care. At all. I've never dealt with such crappy service, and if this gun is in spec, then Glock has some pretty damned low standards. This is the first and last Glock I'll ever freaking buy.

What do you guys think: sell it (and the 13 magazines I bought; I like having 15 for every handgun I own) at a loss and move on or wait for Randy and Apex?

Because even with the new Apex equipment, well...I'd still have a Glock, and quite frankly, I don't trust their guns now, as a whole.

(Ugh. And I was SO excited for my first Glock)
    I'd wait... Trade your pistol, or sell it and you're probably going to take a bath.. From what I've read, the extractors are being manfactured,If you've been following the Apex extractor thread, Randy's extractor fixes the issue, and if you watched Magz's last vid he posted, that was a G17, with the latest OEM ejector, Randy's extractor and, the ejection port wasn't lowered...It ran like a swiss watch.. Anyway, I don't think the Apex ejector is going to cost THAT much,(probably cheaper than a barrel for a M&P) and after it's installed you'll probably have no further problems.. I would'nt go so far as to condemm Glock wholesale, Yeah, they're having problems with extractors, and it's possible that this new extractor Glock brought out may also fix it.So, you still have some options. Myself, I'd just wait for Apex's parts as they'll be much higher quality, rather than some MIM shit..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-13-12 at 10:05.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yeah, you're right, I just don't know how I can trust this company if something else goes wrong with the gun, considering the service they've given me on this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? Having the gun sent back as if nothing's wrong?

Feedback Score
    I'd say keep it and wait for the Apex extractor fix. It probably won't be long now.

As long as your Glock is not giving you other problems....this is a simple fix with the right part.

My G19 is functioning perfectly....feeding firing and hitting what I aim at...the erratic ejection is the ONLY problem. Why ditch a pistol that ALMOST runs perfect?

Again...if your Glock is working fine OTHER than the extraction issue...I'd hang onto it. Selling means taking a hit and then you have to learn a new platform. Most other platforms have their warts, too an some are worse than Glock's extraction issue.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Yeah, you're right, I just don't know how I can trust this company if something else goes wrong with the gun, considering the service they've given me on this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? Having the gun sent back as if nothing's wrong?
    Glocks are stupid simple to work on..Parts are widely available from multiple sources, as are manuals..you can easily learn to work on it yourself...I'd service it myself, That way it's done right, the first time..Unless something major goes wrong with it, (Let's say a cracked frame, as a example) There's no need to keep sending it back to Glock, simply because they're not going to do anything about it. When Apex has their parts out (which will be soon) change the extractor out, and drive on. That's my game plan..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-13-12 at 12:40.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ditching the platform entirely is a little premature.

Glocks are good weapons, there ARE problems but someone is going to fix them, namely Randy until Glock pulls their heads out of their asses.

At this point in time, NOTHING, not a single handgun is perfect out of the box or exempt from the manufacturer causing issues due to poor QC or poor material choices.

Choose the best of the worst. Yes, i cant believe i just said that...

Page 84 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast