Page 83 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    I am just waiting for the Apex extractor. That ought to do the trick.

Apex...doing the jobs that the gun-makers just refuse to do! LOL

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Kilo,

These are both from Glock, correct?

How did you get the non-dipped version? Send gun in? Or was this what came with a newly purchased Glock?
    These are Glock factory extractors.

I bought the new extractor separately from a local GT Distributors today.
    My current G19 (Feb 2009) still has the older 336 ejector in it. Works with my old 2009 extractor. However, the slide is current production, received it late 2011 (December) after the original 2009 slide breach face cracked. The new extractor that came with it is the one pictured on left, I replaced with with my original extractor (to keep as spare) and later a polished/tuned dipped extractor. This current combo works really well, but I wanted to see if these new non-dipped extractors work out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Does the new extractor have a "2" on the back?

If so...a couple of guys on Glock Talk have bought those from Glockparts.com and had good luck with them.

- brickboy240
    No, there is no casting number on these new extractors. I had a Glock OEM .40 cal extractor that had a "2" on it though. Just random FYI, I tried the OEM .40 cal extractor in my new production G19 slide...had strong ejection, but multiple failure to feed....the gun wouldn't go fully into battery.
    Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 06-08-12 at 17:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    I am just waiting for the Apex extractor. That ought to do the trick.

Apex...doing the jobs that the gun-makers just refuse to do! LOL

- brickboy240
    Thank you! We try our best...
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    These are Glock factory extractors.

I bought the new extractor separately from a local GT Distributors today.
    My current G19 (Feb 2009) still has the older 336 ejector in it. Works with my old 2009 extractor. However, the slide is current production, received it late 2011 (December) after the original 2009 slide breach face cracked. The new extractor that came with it is the one pictured on left, I replaced with with my original extractor (to keep as spare) and later a polished/tuned dipped extractor. This current combo works really well, but I wanted to see if these new non-dipped extractors work out of the box.

No, there is no casting number on these new extractors. I had a Glock OEM .40 cal extractor that had a "2" on it though. Just random FYI, I tried the OEM .40 cal extractor in my new production G19 slide...had strong ejection, but multiple failure to feed....the gun wouldn't go fully into battery.
    Wanted to give a quick update. Fired only 100 rounds of WWB, but had no erratic ejection issues with this new extractor. Consistent 3-4 o'clock pattern. Results are so far better than my tuned/polished dipped extractor from before....but this is still early. Also worth noting that the extractor falls out freely out of the slide when taking it out (unlike some of the dipped extractors).

Will try other hotter stuff later on....but since it's already doing well with weaker and undersized case rim WWB, I'm pretty encouraged.
    Also note, this is with an older 336 ejector (gen 3 G19).

People also need to remember that even older Glock's were never stellar with super consistent ejections. Grant's thread on "Clean your Glock" is important too...gunk accumulating in the firing pin safety plunger/extractor will screw with extraction too.
    Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 06-09-12 at 00:38.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Fired 400 rounds with new non-dip extractor (Gen4 G17-3300 rounds) from Glock. No more brass to my forehead. Consistent ejection w/Federal Champion and Independence 115gr.

Feedback Score
    Where can we get these non dip extractors??? The ones I got from Glockparts.com are the dip type. I'd like to make sure I get the correct one not what I already have.

Feedback Score
    My Gen 4 G19's problems all got solved as soon as I replaced it with the new ejector I got from Midway USA. The Lone Wolf Extractor did nothing, nor did the replacement RSA.

250 rounds through it since the replacement and no more brass to the face or stovepipes.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by az larry View Post
    Where can we get these non dip extractors??? The ones I got from Glockparts.com are the dip type. I'd like to make sure I get the correct one not what I already have.
    I called Glock Tech Services. You must be an armorer to get it direct though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    I called Glock Tech Services. You must be an armorer to get it direct though.
    I wonder why...really makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Head Shot!

Well I finally was able to get my new Gen 4 Glock 19 out to the range today. I cleaned and lubed it after getting it. I shot 200 rds of AE 115gr. ammo today. Ejection was erratic. I got hit in the head about 6 times out of 200 rds. My 19's born on date was last month and has all of the updated parts. I'm hoping Apex comes out with a solution soon since Glock doesn't care.

Page 83 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast