Page 80 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    +1 Eight Gen 4 9mms here running well. One got squirrely at 5K rds and an extractor change settled it out. No fitted match berrel required.

I must start paying more attention to who likes me before I make a purchasing decision.
    Mine is a recently made Gen 3, G19 (3/12/12) I had changed the stock extractor with a LW unit, the stock one was beaning me a little more regularly..The LW extractor dosen't do it as nearly often..Frankly, I'll wait until Randy Lee has his Glock extractors for sale, and if needed, will also opt for the ejection port lowering, as this seems to fix the problem once and for all. Accuracy dosen't seem to be a problem if I do my part..(unlike my FS9)..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-03-12 at 20:47.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How many have just given up and bought another handgun? I have offers on my 17 but would rather it just work instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shutup&shoot View Post
    How many have just given up and bought another handgun? I have offers on my 17 but would rather it just work instead.
    Me. Gone to HK (I know, I suck and they Hate me) - P30 & P2000 (personal), HK45CT (issue). All 100% reliable, all VERY accurate; only issue I have is the 53# DA trigger on the 45...

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutup&shoot View Post
    Actually that's how I ended up with a G19, Already tried the M&P..bought it in '09 and it took awhile but I, and alot of other people started to notice that that they didn't do so well at longer ranges..for along time I blamed myself..Last year I bought a PPQ, still have it, before that, A ,Hk P-2000 with a light LEM, still have that as well, Frankly, I'm trying to stop jumping around from pistol to pistol, I have figured out I do better with a striker fired pistol. The PPQ is presently on duty as my bedside pistol. The G19 carrys better for me so I'll use it as a CCW.

I guess one of the things that sold me on the G19 was it's size, it is about perfect for a CCW. Another thing was parts, Both aftermarket and OEM are available from multiple sources and they are inexpensive.As far as the ejection issue go,I figure it this way, Randy Lee has the fix, But right now he's in the middle of moving into a new shop. I figure later this summer/fall after he gets caught up, he'll have his extractors for sale along with lowering the ejection port. I'll send my slide in. I don't expect Glock to do anything about it, just like I did'nt expect S&W to do anything about the accuracy issues I had.(After all, for either of these two companies to do something, they first have to admit there's a problem) It seems that folks in the aftermarket are going to be the ones to take the bull by the horns and come up with a fix for these pistols,I've no doubt they'll be well rewarded for their efforts... Bottom line for me, I'm going to fix the G19 and drive on..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-04-12 at 21:13.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=ralph;1321299] I don't expect Glock to do anything about it, just like I did'nt expect S&W to do anything about the accuracy issues I had.(After all, for either of these two companies to do something, they first have to admit there's a problem) It seems that folks in the aftermarket are going to be the ones to take the bull by the horns and come up with a fix for these pistols,I've no doubt they'll be well rewarded for their efforts.QUOTE]

Correct. Between the M&P barrels and the Glock extractors / ejection port mods, Apex will make a lot from those of us who feel likewise. Frankly, I'm glad someone is there to fix the issues that Glock & S&W won't.

Feedback Score
    Well, remember that Wilsons fixed Colt's 1911 issues for almost 10 years before these other 1911 makers started offering 1911s that would fly correct, right out of the box.

I guess Apex is to Smith and Glock what Wilsons was to Colt! LOL

If either Glock or Smith fixed these issues...they'd run away with the polymer pistol market.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    If either Glock or Smith fixed these issues...they'd run away with the polymer pistol market.
    The problem is that they already have. For my money, I'll deal with the M&P long distance accuracy issues. If I have a need/want to shoot bulls at 25 yards or beyond I'll probably want the match barrel anyway. I can't abide by a gun that throws brass at my face or has FTE/FTF issues though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Well, remember that Wilsons fixed Colt's 1911 issues for almost 10 years before these other 1911 makers started offering 1911s that would fly correct, right out of the box.

I guess Apex is to Smith and Glock what Wilsons was to Colt! LOL

- brickboy240
    but glocks used to work

Feedback Score
    That is the sad part of it all.

Today, you can buy a foreign made $399 Rock Island cast frame 1911 that will eat anything but your new Glock will have to see some smithing to fly right!

LOL

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=JHC;1320425]+1 Eight Gen 4 9mms here running well. One got squirrely at 5K rds and an extractor change settled it out. No fitted match berrel required.

I must start paying more attention to who likes me before I make a purchasing decision. [/QUOTE]

It just kinda bugs me getting bad mouthed by the guy I've spent 4-5 thousand on his product.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Page 80 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast