Page 79 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My Gen. 4 19 SVYXXX 32074 ejector, 0-3-4 RSA, brand new old-style non-dip extractor I had lying around, 03/05/2012 test fire date, has had no malfunctions in 444 rds., all Speer Lawman 147 gr. flat nose FMJ, but has displayed erratic ejection; most has been 3-4 o'clock, but some 5-6 o'clock (including a few to the head, but not with a lot of force), some 10-10:30, and a few vertical. Erratic ejection increases later into my shooting session, and with rapid fire.

In comparing the Gen. 4 to my Gen. 3 KKTXXX 336 ejector, identical old-style non-dip extractor, 10/09/2006 test fire date (which has been dead-nuts reliable for multiple shooters, including novices, over approx. 4,000 rds., much of which was WWB or AE 115 gr. FMJ), I noticed that the front flat of the Gen. 4 extractor sat a bit further back from the 15 degree cut at the top right rear of the ejection port than the Gen. 3's extractor (see attached photo--when I tried uploading it directly into my reply it just gave me a box with an X in it). For the sake of argument, I tried swapping the extractors, and the gap was identical regardless of which extractor was in which gun. The only other Glock I have for comparison is an unfired Gen. 2 17 from 1991 with a 90 degree breech face, and the extractor sits flush on that weapon.

Without a larger sample for comparison or precise measurements, I'm thinking that those who suggested that it might be an issue with the slide dimensions themselves, not just the extractors, might be on to something.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    My Gen. 4 19 SVYXXX 32074 ejector, 0-3-4 RSA, brand new old-style non-dip extractor I had lying around, 03/05/2012 test fire date, has had no malfunctions in 444 rds., all Speer Lawman 147 gr. flat nose FMJ, but has displayed erratic ejection; most has been 3-4 o'clock, but some 5-6 o'clock (including a few to the head, but not with a lot of force), some 10-10:30, and a few vertical. Erratic ejection increases later into my shooting session, and with rapid fire.

In comparing the Gen. 4 to my Gen. 3 KKTXXX 336 ejector, identical old-style non-dip extractor, 10/09/2006 test fire date (which has been dead-nuts reliable for multiple shooters, including novices, over approx. 4,000 rds., much of which was WWB or AE 115 gr. FMJ), I noticed that the front flat of the Gen. 4 extractor sat a bit further back from the 15 degree cut at the top right rear of the ejection port than the Gen. 3's extractor (see attached photo--when I tried uploading it directly into my reply it just gave me a box with an X in it). For the sake of argument, I tried swapping the extractors, and the gap was identical regardless of which extractor was in which gun. The only other Glock I have for comparison is an unfired Gen. 2 17 from 1991 with a 90 degree breech face, and the extractor sits flush on that weapon.

Without a larger sample for comparison or precise measurements, I'm thinking that those who suggested that it might be an issue with the slide dimensions themselves, not just the extractors, might be on to something.

Thoughts?
    I would really hate to find out that Glock was playing us all for a bunch of fools. Having us trying all sorts of crazy little fixes when their slides are out of spec, which as a gun manufacture they would have realized quite a while ago but are too cheap to issue & install proper slides.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Feedback Score
    I went to the range yesterday to shoot my brand new 34 gen4. first handgun I have ever owned. the ejection was erratic but I didn't get any brass in the face. I did get some brass to the forearms a couple of times though. I was running cheap ammo too but the only time it failed to feed was when my girlfriends uncle(who has a broken support hand) was shooting. No stovepipes as i was expecting

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hate, and I mean HATE, to add to this thread but my 17 is starting to act up also.

RTF2 with about 700 rounds through her. I put around 200 more through yesterday. Had 4 stove pipes, erratic ejection and 28 brass to the face. I've had them come back toward me but this time it was smacking my glasses. I tried every thing from 115 gr up to 147. Bonded HP, fmj, even some +p and it was all the same.

I ****ing hate it. I love the way this pistol feels in my hand.

I haven't updated to any of the new parts yet. Hoping I wouldn't have to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by packinaglock View Post
    I would really hate to find out that Glock was playing us all for a bunch of fools. Having us trying all sorts of crazy little fixes when their slides are out of spec, which as a gun manufacture they would have realized quite a while ago but are too cheap to issue & install proper slides.
    I'm beginning to think it's the slide too as some extractors and/or ejectors will fix it or not and if it was as simple as the extractor and/or ejector Glock would trade those parts out as it wouldn't cost them as much as replacing a slide.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutup&shoot View Post
    I hate, and I mean HATE, to add to this thread but my 17 is starting to act up also.

RTF2 with about 700 rounds through her. I put around 200 more through yesterday. Had 4 stove pipes, erratic ejection and 28 brass to the face. I've had them come back toward me but this time it was smacking my glasses. I tried every thing from 115 gr up to 147. Bonded HP, fmj, even some +p and it was all the same.

I ****ing hate it. I love the way this pistol feels in my hand.

I haven't updated to any of the new parts yet. Hoping I wouldn't have to.
    What's the serial # prefix, test fire date, and do you have a dip or non-dip extractor?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    What's the serial # prefix, test fire date, and do you have a dip or non-dip extractor?
    Dip extractor
    Test fire date 1/12/11
    Serial PEPxxx
    336 ejector

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I'm beginning to think it's the slide too as some extractors and/or ejectors will fix it or not and if it was as simple as the extractor and/or ejector Glock would trade those parts out as it wouldn't cost them as much as replacing a slide.
    Luckily my last three pistol purcheses have been M&P's, I'm done buying Glocks till this mess is worked out. Or if I find out Glock has been pulling the wool over our eyes, then I'm done with them for good. I heard a rumor Gaston doesen't like Americans anyway.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by packinaglock View Post
    Luckily my last three pistol purcheses have been M&P's, I'm done buying Glocks till this mess is worked out. Or if I find out Glock has been pulling the wool over our eyes, then I'm done with them for good. I heard a rumor Gaston doesen't like Americans anyway.
    I don't know.. after reading the recent M&P accuracy thread below..I'm inclined to believe that S&W dosen't like Americans either....Since I already went down the M&P trail, I'll try the G19 for awhile..while it occasionaly hits me on the top of the head with brass, I greatly prefer being able to hit a target at ranges past 15yds..Which my old FS9 was unable to do, no matter how hard I tried. Six one way, half a dozen the other, I guess it all boils down to which will be cheaper to fix...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I don't know.. after reading the recent M&P accuracy thread below..I'm inclined to believe that S&W dosen't like Americans either....Since I already went down the M&P trail, I'll try the G19 for awhile..while it occasionaly hits me on the top of the head with brass, I greatly prefer being able to hit a target at ranges past 15yds..Which my old FS9 was unable to do, no matter how hard I tried. Six one way, half a dozen the other, I guess it all boils down to which will be cheaper to fix...
    +1 Eight Gen 4 9mms here running well. One got squirrely at 5K rds and an extractor change settled it out. No fitted match berrel required.

I must start paying more attention to who likes me before I make a purchasing decision.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Page 79 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast