Page 72 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Last edited by BCA; 09-26-12 at 01:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm eagerly waiting for the Apex parts to come out. I want to RMR my Glock but I want it running damn near perfect before I send it out to Doug at ATEI.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    Ok so 35 pages is a bit much to get through so I will admit I stopped. Here is what I have:

Gen 4 G19
    test fire date - 9/14/11
    SN - RXW
    Extractor - 336

Went to the range today for the first time with it and shot 200 rds. 100 124gr Fiocchi and 100 115gr Sellars. I took so many rounds off the forehead I lost count, I even have a few cuts from the impact. I had 6 Double feeds and 8 stove pipes / ejection issues. Can't really comment on the accuracy since I don't really know how much was the gun and what was me reacting to being smacked in the head about 50% of the time.

Am I really going to need to replace half my parts to get it working as it should be?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGrazzi View Post
    Ok so 35 pages is a bit much to get through so I will admit I stopped. Here is what I have:

Gen 4 G19
    test fire date - 9/14/11
    SN - RXW
    Extractor - 336

Went to the range today for the first time with it and shot 200 rds. 100 124gr Fiocchi and 100 115gr Sellars. I took so many rounds off the forehead I lost count, I even have a few cuts from the impact. I had 6 Double feeds and 8 stove pipes / ejection issues. Can't really comment on the accuracy since I don't really know how much was the gun and what was me reacting to being smacked in the head about 50% of the time.

Am I really going to need to replace half my parts to get it working as it should be?
    If mine was that bad I'd instantly request a replacement gun from glock. Mine is just ejecting brass to my face, but no FTE or FTF. And even the then it's not more than 3 times per mag.
    Mines at Glock now.

Feedback Score

Gen 4 G19
    test fire date - 9/14/11
    SN - RXW
    Extractor - 336

You could call Glock and see if they pay the freight. If they won't, you can get a Gen 4 trigger housing to take the new 30274 ejector out of, and get a Lone Wolf extractor and put those parts in. Your cost wi;; be less than shipping and may fix your problem. I have a brand new gun comng tomorrow. If it messed up it's going to Glock, but with it being brand spanky I expect them to pay the freight.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    They WILL pay freight on anything that is a Warranty Issue....DEMAND IT! tell them S&W pays it both ways for their M&Ps, I know this for a fact firsthand. And Remington does as well, I know this for a fact too.

I've pretty much had an issue with every single new firearm I've bought within the past couple of years (Remington, LMT, S&W, Glock etc.) except for a Savage 10 FCP .308....I think with the economy sucking, it has brought gun manufacturer's down in a real bad way....junk parts and poor QC are visibly apparent.

Feedback Score
    I have only owned this gun for about a month (first Glock) sadly due to injury and illness (spinal taps are a mother) this is the first time I have been able to go to the range with it. I will call Glock tomorrow and see what they say, if they don't want to play nice then I will just fix it with aftermarket parts and poo poo them till I get over it

Also is it normal for how "old" this gun is when I purchased it? Got it under blue label so that is why I am thinking they had it around for so long although I am not sure if that matters. Some LGS's have every Glock available as blue label no just specific ones. I will keep you posted as to how Glock responds.

Feedback Score
    I believe these issues began with the P series of serial numbers and continue though S which I believe is the current prefix for new Gen 3 guns. I have read about Glock playing nice with some folks on P guns and not others. I guess it depends who you talk too.

By the way, the trigger housing with the 30274 ejector is a Glock parts so it's not an aftermarket part. The Lone Wolf extractor is.

I have only owned this gun for about Sa month (first Glock) sadly due to injury and illness (spinal taps are a mother) this is the first time I have been able to go to the range with it. I will call Glock tomorrow and see what they say, if they don't want to play nice then I will just fix it with aftermarket parts and poo poo them till I get over it

Also is it normal for how "old" this gun is when I purchased it? Got it under blue label so that is why I am thinking they had it around for so long although I am not sure if that matters. Some LGS's have every Glock available as blue label no just specific ones. I will keep you posted as to how Glock responds.

Feedback Score

Gen 4 G19
    test fire date - 9/14/11
    SN - RXW
    Extractor - 336

My G17 Gen 4 was an 8/11 gun and it ejected right, left, forward, and back into my face/head. It also stovepiped. I had a Glock armorer call Glock and they sent him the newer ejector. Now it ejects fine even with magazine out. So I would talk to an armorer or send it back to Glock for the new ejector. That may fix it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gen 4 G19
    test fire date - 03/24/12
    SN - SWC
    Ejector - 30274

Picked it up today, cut my range time short due to the pollen killing my eyes.

50 rounds of Winchester Super X 147gr subsonic 4 cases at head or face

50 rounds of Remington 147gr subsonic 2 cases to the head or face

Page 72 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast