Page 71 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Need a test subject for a FDE Gen4 G19?
    We will be sending out 10 to beta test. I think Scott is planning to do something like he did on our Facebook page where people throw their name into a hat and we randomly draw ten names.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    We will be sending out 10 to beta test. I think Scott is planning to do something like he did on our Facebook page where people throw their name into a hat and we randomly draw ten names.

-Randy
    Will this be done here or on Facebook? I, like many others on here, don't get on Facebook much...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Hi all,

The first 12 pre production non lci extractors are headed to heat treat. We are also awaiting the new stronger spring to go with the Kit.

-Randy
    Great!!

Is there some kind of Preorder list we can sign up on and hopefully get an order in on the first batch?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

-Randy

What great timing, I happen to be picking up a Glock 19 Gen 4 tomorrow night

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

-Randy
    Randy;
    Will these work with stock ejectors (336 and newer)? And, will the ejection port need to be lowered? Where can I throw my name into the hat at?
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Last edited by BCA; 09-26-12 at 01:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCA View Post
    ralph, i'm not Randy but AFAIK he has said they should work with either ejector. Magsz tested both with positive results. As for the ejection port lowering I have no idea...
    I should have clarified..I had followed a link from Lightfighter to here (M4c) and in that link,(unless I read it wrong, and that's always possible) Randy had described how the extractor was working with either ejector, AFTER the ejection port had been lowered, So, my question is, Will it work WITHOUT lowering the ejection port, and WITH either ejector?
    Last edited by ralph; 05-14-12 at 20:32.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    So I did a bit of a test today with my Gen4 G26.

It has the stock extractor in it and I will get some odd ejection paths often.

I took the slide off the frame, dropped the bbl and RSA out. Slid a round up from under the breach face and extractor to about the area it would sit when the pistol is assembled. I picked it up and held it up to a bright light source and looked at it from the bottom side of the breach face and noticed a thin sliver of light between the case head and breach face.

I then repeated this procedure with an old pre effed up extractor and noticed NO light coming through when looked at from the same angle.

Ejection with the "old" extractor was much more consistent. Only thing that happens often is that on the final round of a mag, I get a super high arching 6 oclock ejection that sails over my head. I get this with the Gen4 ejector too, but also crazy ejections left, front, right, and back. the old set up is much more consistent.

Regardless of the above, given the amount of dicking around I have done with different exgtractor/ejectors I am still going to replace with the Apex parts when they come out provided they are solid.

I have the updated ejector btw for anyone curious.

Randy, I shoot several times a week and would be more than happy to beta a new extractor for you and provide detailed feedback!

Drew
    Last edited by Drew78; 05-14-12 at 20:24. Reason: modified for clarity
    I don't know Magsz, but...This is one of the best quotes ever...
    "Despite reloading like im punching Nancy Pelosi in the face, i still cant reliably get glocks to auto forward, especially 19's."

Feedback Score
    Last edited by BCA; 09-26-12 at 01:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCA View Post
    Drew are you using the same slide and putting different extractors in it, or 2 different slide assemblies when you tested the case fit in the claw?
    Sorry for the confusion, technical writting was never my strongest skill!

I was using the same slide each time, just looking at the effects from 2 different extractors.

-Drew
    I don't know Magsz, but...This is one of the best quotes ever...
    "Despite reloading like im punching Nancy Pelosi in the face, i still cant reliably get glocks to auto forward, especially 19's."

Page 71 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast