Page 182 of 210 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Its A late gen 3 sdc.prefix I has one stovepipe too. The apex extractors aren't guaranteed to work either BTF are close to my eyes
    Well sell it like you said i guess. Make sure your honest to whoever you sell it too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not sure why everyone is treating this like a late Gen3/4 thing. My Gen 2 G19 periodically hits me in the head with brass. Just recently it put the the first scratch in my new sun glasses. Glocks have always had erratic ejection. At least mine have...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is treating this like a late Gen3/4 thing. My Gen 2 G19 periodically hits me in the head with brass. Just recently it put the the first scratch in my new sun glasses. Glocks have always had erratic ejection. At least mine have...
    Yep. Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, et al. M&P Pro would sometimes drop a case on the slide that would balance upright, right in front of my rear sight. Randy Lee has gone into this Glock characteristic in depth on this forum.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yep. Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, et al. M&P Pro would sometimes drop a case on the slide that would balance upright, right in front of my rear sight. Randy Lee has gone into this Glock characteristic in depth on this forum.
    You're abosolutely right! I've seen the case on slide phenomenon as well. I'm not sure why this has exploded now. I always though that it was just the price of admission if you wanted to shoot Glocks.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed this issue with any other calibers or is the problem just with the 9mm pistols?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 RING View Post
    Has anyone noticed this issue with any other calibers or is the problem just with the 9mm pistols?
    Yes. I had erratic Ejection and brass to the face with a brand new Gen 4 G21. It is now long gone. It did it with American Eagle, WWB, Speer Gold Dot, and Winchester Ranger T. However, it was worse when shooting the lower powered loads such as the previously mentioned 230gr Ball. With the higher powered LE ammo, it was better, but still not good.

Feedback Score
    The reason I asked about calibers is that I have not seen this issue at work. We started issuing Glock 22 pistols in 1999 and currently issue Gen 3 Glock 22 pistols. I have assisted with training large groups of people and it was not uncommon for them to collectively fire well over 20,000 rounds of Winchester, UMC or Federal 180g FMJ ammunition in as little as 4 days. After a few weeks during a training cycle you can imagine how much ammunition we expended and we did not have any issues with ejection or extraction that were not shooter induced.

I currently own a few Glock 9mm pistols and this thread caught my attention. I like to stay on top of things and I have been watching this thread closely. I like to avoid a problem before it rears it's ugly head. The more data I can review the better I like it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    I run Tula out of my 17 and it ejects and runs like a champ. I wonder sometimes if its not improper lube when it comes to glocks also. I ran into a guy at the range the other day that told me he had never put any lubrication on the slide of his glock.... Makes your wonder sometimes.

How about the people that have owned about a dozen or more Glocks and never had this problem before? This thread is 1800+ posts, you think there are that many dumb people on M4C? Why would Apex Tactical develop a new extractor if all that was needed was proper lubrication?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutchris View Post
    Can we please stop gossiping about goddamn ejection issues. It's a dead horse. Deal with it or sell it, people.

It's not gossip and nobody asked you to post in this topic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post

I've had it periodically with my other Glocks as well, my Gen 4 G19 made this year did it consistently once a mag or more with most ammo.

In the first few hundred rounds it happened over a dozen times which is more than all my other Glocks combined and tens of thousands of rounds.
    Last edited by G34Shooter; 01-07-13 at 16:51.

Page 182 of 210 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast