Page 181 of 210 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    OTOH, I have three other 9mm striker-fired polymer pistols that feed and eject "weak ammo" such as WWB or UMC with no difficulty. IMHO, Glocks ought to be able to do that too. I think it's unreasonable to blame common training ammo for ejection problems, especially on a pistol that used to be able to cycle the stuff reliably from 1982 up until about 2 years ago.
    I don't disagree, just an observation in the search for correlation.

I require function with weak, crappy ammo, and test for it.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I run Tula out of my 17 and it ejects and runs like a champ. I wonder sometimes if its not improper lube when it comes to glocks also. I ran into a guy at the range the other day that told me he had never put any lubrication on the slide of his glock.... Makes your wonder sometimes.

Feedback Score

First time Glock owner

I have been reading this thread and others here and on GT in trying to decide if Glock or S&W was the way to go. I settled in on a Glock 19. I took it out for the first time today. Its a Gen 3 in FDE.

Shot 650 rounds total of 115 and 124 grain in UMC (jhp,fmj), PPU, Federal, Speer Lawman and Sellier&Bellot. I rotated through six, 15 round Glock mags.

I had no brass dribble out of the gun or eject into my face. However, the ejection of the brass was very erratic - from 2 o'clock to a couple at 6 o'clock. I would say that most rounds were at 2-3 o'clock - going over the partition, hitting the low ceiling, then bouncing into guy next to me. So, not bad.

I'm probably going to end up getting the G-FRE when they become available but first, I'm changing out the sights to Trijicon HD's.

Over all, I'm happy with the gun and how it ejected the brass. I know I'm not to that 800-1000 round mark but I feel comfortable that in 650 rounds not one failure of any kind occurred.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post
    I have been reading this thread and others here and on GT in trying to decide if Glock or S&W was the way to go. I settled in on a Glock 19. I took it out for the first time today. Its a Gen 3 in FDE.

Shot 650 rounds total of 115 and 124 grain in UMC (jhp,fmj), PPU, Federal, Speer Lawman and Sellier&Bellot. I rotated through six, 15 round Glock mags.

I had no brass dribble out of the gun or eject into my face. However, the ejection of the brass was very erratic - from 2 o'clock to a couple at 6 o'clock. I would say that most rounds were at 2-3 o'clock - going over the partition, hitting the low ceiling, then bouncing into guy next to me. So, not bad.

I'm probably going to end up getting the G-FRE when they become available but first, I'm changing out the sights to Trijicon HD's.

Over all, I'm happy with the gun and how it ejected the brass. I know I'm not to that 800-1000 round mark but I feel comfortable that in 650 rounds not one failure of any kind occurred.

Can we please stop gossiping about goddamn ejection issues. It's a dead horse. Deal with it or sell it, people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post

Ignore scoutchris he appears to be grumpy. Go pick up one of Apex extractors. Your not having any stove pipes so thats good. Apex part should hook you right up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutchris View Post
    Can we please stop gossiping about goddamn ejection issues. It's a dead horse. Deal with it or sell it, people.
    Uh...it's the topic of the thread. People keep posting in it because they're continuing to have extractor issues.

If you don't want to read about Glock extractor issues, I'd suggest just skipping over the topic with the title "Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    Ignore scoutchris he appears to be grumpy. Go pick up one of Apex extractors. Your not having any stove pipes so thats good. Apex part should hook you right up.
    Not offended in the least. It is curious though that someone who is clearly not interested in this issue anymore would still be reading a thread on it. However, maybe this thread has run its course until Glock has proven to have corrected the issue and then that can be reported here.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Feedback Score
    Well that does it today I was shooting my G 19 every other fricken round hit me in the forehead, I'll be selling it. And to make things worse there was a.glock 19 gen 2 sitting in the case I was looking at prior to shooting and decided I would buy it and I came out from the range it was gone. I could have killed myself. I was so f$cking stupid not to buy it I'll probably never see one again
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 01-06-13 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Well that does it today I was shooting my G 19 every other fricken round hit me in the forehead, I'll be selling it. And to make things worse there was a.glock 19 gen 2 sitting in the case I was looking at prior to shooting and decided I would buy it and I came out from the range it was gone. I could have killed myself. I was so f$cking stupid not to buy it I'll probably never see one again
    What generation? Brass to the forhead isn't as bad as stove pipes. Erratic ejection seams to be fixable with the apex extractor. If you want to invest in it that is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    What generation? Brass to the forhead isn't as bad as stove pipes. Erratic ejection seams to be fixable with the apex extractor. If you want to invest in it that is.
    Its A late gen 3 sdc.prefix I has one stovepipe too. The apex extractors aren't guaranteed to work either BTF are close to my eyes
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 01-06-13 at 16:32.

Page 181 of 210 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast