Page 134 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gents-
    I just a few hours ago, picked up my NIB G17, Gen 3. Paid for it, and walked directly back to the range with a bit over 200 rounds.
    Its the TALO Edition with Ameriglo CAP sights, and DAMN DAMN I love them.
    Now, about the pistol. Prefix SYB.
    1. Very accurate thus far out to 25yds. Loves 115gr ammo like candy.
    2.Sights are GREAT. I just tried them in a completly dark room, and boy do they light up, line up nicely.
    3. No malfs of any kind with what I shot today, right out the box.
    4.Ejection was not bad at all, but sometimes it was week. Nothing hit me at all tho.
    5. My extractor also has some shiney places on it already. Ive greased it a bit to see what happens.
    6. Completely failed the "load one round and drop the mag and fire" test. Ejected straight down thru the magwell every time.
    7.It has the336 ejector, dipped extractor and a rsa with the number 5579 on it.
    So, with my experiance so far, I like the pistol.
    My old G21 from 2005 shit the bed 3-4 times today. with hardball and jhp, I was pissed. Im gonna put matching sights on it.
    I know problems arent showing up until a much higher round count, Im keeping an eye on this, and gonna track rounds fired.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 08-30-12 at 20:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mechanically, how is it even possible for a relatively uncomplicated machine to work for a thousand rounds and then shit the bed but not be fixable by replacing the problem part? If a pistol works fine at first and then stops working it would seem that something in the pistol is wearing out prematurely. It would also seem that replacing that worn out part would get the pistol back into working order but that doesn't appear to be the case for a lot of people. I guess what I'm getting at is that if a pistol works fine with one extractor for a thousand rounds and then stops but wont go back to working order with a new extractor put in.....it probably isn't the extractor that is wearing out or changing over those few thousand rounds. The fact that putting an old non LCI extractor into a new pistol isn't fixing a lot of them seems to point in that direction as well.

I think it's voodoo
    Last edited by sparky-kb; 08-31-12 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tolerances...

As you work a machine the tolerances open up.

Drop in a "replacement" part that is "new" and if the tolerances dont add up you will continue to have problems.

There is no voodoo here. The QC issues at Glock or whoever their subcontractor for extractors is, are real.

Feedback Score
    I thought I read that Glock also changed to MIM extractors. A lot of people have been speculating that is part of the problem.

Feedback Score
    UPDATE on my G19 Gen3
    Recap: G19 Gen3, build Apr 2012, 336 ejector & dipped MIM extractor
    1st 450 rds - 12-15 brass-to-face, 1 stovepipe & erratic weak ejection in 360 degree arc.

I switched to the 30274 ejector & Lone Wolf extractor. I have fired 300 rds more rds. There was an improvement, but not ”Perfection.”
    No Brass-to-face, no stovepipes, 95% of the ejection 3-5 o’clock, slightly stronger ejection (2-3ft away instead of at my feet).

However, I had 5 landed on top of my head & several on my right arm.

I fired 125 rds of Win Ranger 147gr (RA9B). All ejected 3-4 o’clock and 3ft or farther away.

I decided that I should be moved to the front of the waiting list for Apex extractors because I want one. Now.
    Last edited by cqbdriver; 08-31-12 at 17:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    There is no voodoo here. The QC issues at Glock or whoever their subcontractor for extractors is, are real.
    Yeah, I know it's not voodoo and the problem is real. It's just crazy how hit or miss the issues are. Also interesting that what fixes one gun may not fix the next guy's problems. I just can't believe it is only loose tolerances in the MIM extractors if they are swapping RSA's, ejectors, and extractors trying to fix the issues and it takes the magic combo of parts to get a gun running. Or in some cases, no matter the combo it won't work right. There are even mentions of the possibility that the newer slides are out of spec. If it was only the extractor then any old pre MIM extractor would fix the ejection issues but that doesn't seem to be the case in a lot of pistols.

I'm very interested to know what the new Apex extractor does differently than older OEM pre MIM extractors since the old "good" extractors don't fix all the new problem guns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It seems like swapping out the extractor and ejector does not really fix the issue. Even when using an extractor from a working older pistol.

This leaves only the slide. Has anyone checked the slide dimensions of the 2009 and newer 9mm Glocks to see how they are different from the older ones?

Will the extraction issues follow the slide if put on a pre-2009 receiver?
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 08-31-12 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    slide cuts for the extractor?
    MIM Extractor?
    Ejector?
    Polymer mix making frame flex different ?
    new finish on the barrel?

Brass To Face Mysteries
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    It seems like swapping out the extractor and ejector does not really fix the issue. Even when using an extractor from a working older pistol.

This leaves only the slide. Has anyone checked the slide dimensions of the 2009 and newer 9mm Glocks to see how they are different from the older ones?

Will the extraction issues follow the slide if put on a pre-2009 receiver?
    Got to be careful here. In SOME guns, the ejector change does the trick. ASK Rob Jensen. In fact, this change was made and there ARE production guns out there running FINE. It seems to be a bit like the M&P 9mm FS (ONLY) accuracy issue. Random production problem. That is my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Got to be careful here. In SOME guns, the ejector change does the trick. ASK Rob Jensen. In fact, this change was made and there ARE production guns out there running FINE. It seems to be a bit like the M&P 9mm FS (ONLY) accuracy issue. Random production problem. That is my 2 cents.
    I've seen too many that are "fixed" or "running fine" that still appear to have weak extraction. Just watch videos of the "fixed" post 2009 9mm models. Even though they may not extract shells into the users face you can see that the brass kind of dribbles out the ejection port.

My 1992 Gen2 Glock 17 (90 deg, non-LCI extractor), 1998 Gen 2.5 Glock 19(15 deg, non-LCI extractor) and my 2003 Gen 3 Glock 19(15 deg, non-dipped LCI extractor) all extract and eject the shells powerfully away to 3:30-4:00. They don't just pop up a few inches and drop like I have seen happen with a lot of the newer production 9mm Glocks.

Glock really needs to get their act together and make the 9mm's like they used too...
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 09-01-12 at 16:06.

Page 134 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast