Page 133 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Brian,

Both of these pistols have dipped extractors with different casting numbers. They both have the latest RSA's and latest ejector 30274 I believe. Thy are both gen 4 models. One is a black g19 and the other is an FDE G17.

From the start they both exhibited weak ejection. The Glock 19 moreso than the 17. The issue of weak ejection has been consistent until the g17 got an HRED, I'll come back to that in a min.

The g19 did not exhibit any stovepipes until after it hit a couple of thousand rounds. Mostly shooting Federal and AR 115 and 124gr.

After hit a couple of thousand rounds the pistol started stovepiping with both 115 and 124 grain ammo I described above. At this time it had a Surefire x300 attached so I removed it and after running around 150-200 rounds I noticed the pistol would still stovepipe and throw brass in my face intermittently but at a frequency which is unusual.

I replaced the extractor and extractor spring/plunged and the issue has subsided for the last 300 rounds. I have not shot the pistol much recently as I has transitioned over to my G17 as my primary EDC.

Now the G17 has exhibited relatively poor ejection but more annoyingly it likes to peg brass in my face. It has not started to stovepipe like the G19 but the poor ejection and brass to my face motivated me to try an HRED. This has helped throw the brass a little farther and with a little more force but the ejection pattern was still garbage and intermittently throws brass in various directions including 6'.

I tried a new Glock extractor with the HRED but issues persist.

The ammo for the g17 has been a good diet of 124 gr. S&B as well as federal 115 gr. issues persist with both ammo brands and various mags. I have about 8 mags for each pistol and they are all pretty new.

In terms of maintenance i clean the pistols after every range session. I make it a habit to strip down the slide and blow out any debris or fouling with That birchwood Casey gun scrubber for synthetic guns. I also blow out with a little air from my compressor if I gets nasty I the upper or lower.

I lube the guns lightly with Weaponshield CLP. I just transitioned the G17 over to froglube to see how that holds up but that's for another thread.
    Last edited by og556; 08-29-12 at 22:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Im still waiting on the pics of the USA Made Glock with the state of
    Georgia on the slide. Any pics forthcoming?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Og - Thanks for the followup and all the details. This IS a tad scary. Mine has NOT had weak ejection, so I HOPE to not see what you've seen.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by BCA; 09-26-12 at 01:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCA View Post
    Found this picture of the new Georgia marked Glock's on another website.

Image not showing up...and pasting the photo URL into my browser gets me a 404.

Interested to see it, though.

Okay, now it seems to be working. Disregard prior.
    Last edited by RiflemanBobcat; 08-30-12 at 15:09. Reason: image apparently fixed

Feedback Score
    Yes...many of us did not have ANY odd ejection until we got quite a few rounds down the pipe.

My 3rd gen G19 (made Apr 12...336 ejector and dip extractor) had NO problems at all....UNTIL about round number 800-850 or so. Since then...I get hit square in the face with brass 2-3 time per 15rd mag. Ammo does not matter - it does it with any ammo or bullet weight.

The problem is the extractor...not the ejector.

Many here and other web boards are like, "I have one of those Glocks and don't know what you are talking about...are you guys crazy?" Well...many of them only have 200-maybe 500 rounds through the gun! Hello!....mine was fine at round number 500 too! LOL

I really think Apex's extractor will fix my problems as I have not had any jams or malfunctions...just brass to the face. The G19 runs beautifully other than brass to the face. It is accurate and feeds like a typical 9mm Glock of days gone by.

So our choices are to either wait for Apex's part (which is coming real soon...yippee!) or change platforms.

Me? I am just waiting...it won't be long now.

-brickboy240

BTW, my 2 2nd gen Glocks (17 & 22) have never given me one piece of brass to the face...ever.
    Last edited by brickboy240; 08-30-12 at 11:39.

Feedback Score
    Have any 9mm Glocks shown this behavior at first and then goes away at a higher round count?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't know if the two recent above examples are in fact the monolithic patterrn, but it makes sense If the extractors themselves are wearing out. I have 900+ and waiting for the trouble. I'll hit 1K likely next week. Needing an extractor seems easy enough, and glock should fix it, but I'd buy one. Better than 175 for a SW barrel to correct accuracy issues.

But, there are plenty of folks without these problems, and I hope to be one.

Feedback Score
    I think that the problem is more complex than just the extractor. I took the extractor out of my 2005 Glock & placed in my new Glock. There was no change to the erratic weak ejection.

One thing that I noticed – the older extractor which has had 10,000 fired through the pistol looked relatively unworn, but the new extractor with only 200 rds through it, had the upper & lower finish mostly removed & a gouge mark on the lower surface.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is even worse...

Page 133 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast