Page 132 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi Guys,

We are ramping up the production out of sheer terror.
    Actually, we figured that the demand might be bigger than we had originally anticipated.

I do want to re-iterate what I have stated before- that our extractor kit, while it has proven to be helpful in most of the cases, it should not be looked at as the "magic bullet" so to speak. The results from 11 beta testers is still an infinitesimally small sampling of the problem guns out there.

The variables that we have to factor in to the equation are numerous:
    • ammo selection and power factor
    • relative mass and rigidity of the shooter
    • lubrication
    • relative position of the ejector to extractor
    • recoil spring closing force
    • condition and version of magazine

The list goes on. I cannot design one part that can compensate for all the variables. Do I think our part and spring will help in many instances? Yes. But I cannot say with any certainty that it will fix all the woes.

To me, that would require a whole new design concept for a pistol... which I am currently working on.

-Randy
    Thanks Randy. Sounds a lot like what Glock CS dept is dealing with too. Except for the last part.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Is brass ejecting and landing on top of you head considered the same as "in your face"?

Otherwise this can be traced back to the G19 starting with KUWxxx (03/2009). Two consecutive serial numbers, sample size.

Addl info: 336 ejector
    Last edited by H2H; 08-29-12 at 18:09.

Feedback Score
    All I am hoping for is that the Apex extractor kit keeps brass from hitting my head...that is all.

If it does just that...it will be totally worth it.

I don't care if the damned G19 gives me perfect 4 o'clock ejection or some nonsense like that...just out of my face.

Again, if it does just that...I consider it perfect.

...fingers crossed.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    I have heard rumors that the Apex extractor will be available for a mid-September release. I cannot corroborate this evidence, but I will have cash on hand to buy three of these extractors in a group buy.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...01#post1380901

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    The first batch is heading off to heat treat tomorrow. Once they are hardened and return, they will be off to melonite. We should be able to hit the mid-September target date for release.

-Randy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2H View Post
    Is brass ejecting and landing on top of you head considered the same as "in your face"?

Otherwise this can be traced back to the G19 starting with KU?xx. Two consecutive serial numbers, sample size.

IMO no, I've had ejection hit me directly in my eye protection and forehead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So if combinations of second and third generation G19s, G34s, G22s, and G21s eject down empty magwells rather than out the ejection port, but eject in normal 2-4:00 patterns and distances with mags inserted, is that considered a problem?

What about a fourth generation G19 that will extract normally with or without a magazine, but dribbles out with certain loads, and normal 2-4:00 patterns and distances with other loads?

How are we definining the problem? What, then, is the culprit in each? Still the extractor?
    Last edited by ST911; 08-29-12 at 16:31.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I think having the "problem" is totally subjective. I have 4 9mm Glocks. My G19s eject fine. My G34 seems to be ejecting fine after I switched to a non dip extractor and White Sound Defense HRED. My G17L ejects weakly. That's the gun I'll probably put the APEX unit on. If any of my other guns develope what I feel is an issue I'll get another. Many of us don't have malfunctions but either get sprinkler ejection or dribble weak ejection. I only have one gun that fits MY idea of the "problem".

In my case I really don't worry about ejecting without a mag as long as it goes bang. If my rounds eject decent over my right shoulder I'm ok. If they dribble out by my right foot that's not acceptable for me. Again, it's really up to the individual what needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    So if combinations of second and third generation G19s, G34s, G22s, and G21s eject down empty magwells rather than out the ejection port, but eject in normal 2-4:00 patterns and distances with mags inserted, is that considered a problem?

What about a fourth generation G19 that will extract normally with or without a magazine, but dribbles out with certain loads, and normal 2-4:00 patterns and distances with other loads?

How are we definining the problem? What, then, is the culprit in each? Still the extractor?
    Last edited by az larry; 08-29-12 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My SLX and my BILs TCB G19s drop the occasional casing at the forehead... If Randy's extractor kits will at least eliminate that, they'll be worth the 60+ dollars.. I just hope that there are enough made to deal with the initial rush..

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Randy,

I have shot and carried glocks since I got into shooting. Unfortunately I have also bought and sold a lot of my guns in the search for the perfect pistol for me. Every time I have gone through a cycle of trying a new platform I always come right back to glocks.

Unfortunately the most recent glocks (gen 4 G17 and G19) I own which were both made 03/2012 exhibit extraction issues after a couple of thousand rounds. My old glocks never did this.

At this point I am desperate to try any thing to get consistent ejection patterns and hopefully no stovepipes. I am more than willing to spend my money on a possible fix.

I am sure those of us with ejection issues will keep your words in mind about the variables at play here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    Randy,

Unfortunately the most recent glocks (gen 4 G17 and G19) I own which were both made 03/2012 exhibit extraction issues after a couple of thousand rounds. My old glocks never did this.

I assume your Gen 4s have the new ejectors? Did the problems start AFTER hundreds of rounds or did they exist from the start? Weak ejection, brass to head, stovepiping or what? What kind of ammo? Thanks.
    Last edited by m4brian; 08-29-12 at 19:47.

Page 132 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast