Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mec Gar Plus 2 extension For M&P Compact.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Have you tried dropping these at all ? i know some other aftermarket baseplates occasionally "explode" when dropped while doing a reload. Just wondering if anyone has tested this or experienced problems like this in these extensions.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I just tried some drop tests. Dropped 1 compact and 1 fullsized mags on carpet, grass and my tile floor. Non popped off. I ordered more for my other mags - once I get them on, I will test each mag

I guess the only "issue" I have with them is that they do not match up in color / texture. If I could melt/cut them to fit better I would, but that is not where my talents lay.

-Bryan
    Last edited by broberts001; 12-16-11 at 04:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks to the posters above, I figured out that I hadn't installed these correctly. With the extension, my compact magazine will hold 14 rounds. The baseplate appears to be attached quite securely. I'll be testing these for function over the next few weeks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

mec gar +2's

i was a beta site for them almost 2 years ago. i have a great working relationship with mec gar and sell a ton of their mags.
    i used then in both guns as they sent me 4 to try. have not had 1 m/f with any use at all. i use the ismi spring in all full size, but the factory compact seems to work fine. the full size did NOT WORK with the std spring with the arredondo's either. thats why he get the ismi now for the kit.

they were a little confusing as i got no paper work just 4 of them in a box. had to call, a really sharp lady at mec gar and she told how to do it correctly.
    great people
    great gear
    great service
    you cant go wrong

p.s. their 1911 mags ARE FINALLY as good as it gets. took a while tho.
    p.p.s. i use only ismi springs in everything,per kyle at viking tac., he is an a long time friend.

good luck
    Last edited by jjw; 12-20-11 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the semi-necropost, but after recently finding this thread I bought 2 of these extensions for my M&P 9c. They arrived today, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to install them!

I feel like there's a part missing somehow: the metal "lips" at the base of the 9c mags are beveled inward, not outward. So when you remove the factory baseplates, you can see that the grooves cut into the baseplates are engineered in such a way as to perfectly grab/interlock with those inwardly-beveled lips on the mag base.

But the Mec-Gar +2s look to have been built for magazines with outwardly beveled mag base lips: there is no way that I can see that the inward lips on the M&P mags can grab/interlock with the grooves in the Mec Gar baseplates.

So after trying a few different methods, I just can't get the MecGars to stay on the M&Pc mag bodies. And the one time I did manage to get the Mec Gar to stay on, it was on at the wrong angle and popped right off when I seated it into the pistol. It just looks and feels all wrong to me. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help here.

K
    Last edited by Kahuna; 09-01-12 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They work.

Bought 6 and tried one on this AM. Very nice. It is not intuitive to put on, but when you realize that that tab in the rear goes OUTSIDE the tube, you'll figure it out. Very nice, and they fit snug and don't slide.

The color match is good. They do not stick out in the front to match the lip at the bottom of the grip, but no biggee. I like that the rear is unencumbered - a glove will not get in the way of a mag drop. I like that they are a bit wide at the bottom with a finger wedge/groove - if the mag got stuck, it is a better way to rip it out.

Very nice product.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    DOH! just saw the date of the post I was replying to...

what's with dredging up all these threads to say, "yeah, me too!"...
    Last edited by ra2bach; 08-05-13 at 13:19.
    never push a wrench...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12