Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first Glock, 20SF picked up yesterday

Feedback Score

My first Glock, 20SF picked up yesterday

I am a Beretta guy even now i wish that the 96 or M9 would come in a 10mm with 40sw barrels. I just drool over them.

My first impressions of the Glock, after being a long-time glock hater, are positive. I like how simple it is and how easily upgrade-able they are.

I ordered a SS guide ride and 20# spring kit from GlockMeister. I already swapped it in place of the factory set.

The magazines are unimpressive, the materials seem cheap-ish. The Grip is okay I think i want to get a gripmaster or something.

Still with 15 rounds of 10mm I literally have Revolver power coming out of the barrel like a laser gun hahaha, So I can't complain. It is amazing putting 15 10mm's in a flush fitting magazine. 165 grain TMJ Underwood 1400 fps are my first loads.

I am going to shoot 100 through the G20 Sunday.

Any advice on grips, sights or anything else you guys think of feel free to post.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Congrats on the new glock! Probably the best perk of owning one is that nearly any company that makes a pistol related product makes it for glock. As far as sights, depending on what you're looking for, the Trijicon HD's are my personal favorite for a defensive handgun. They're 3-dot tritium night sights, rear sight is all black with a rounded notch, and the front is a bright ring (orange or yellow) around the tritium insert. I've found them to be very fast for transitioning from target to target, it's tough to miss the bright dot in daylight and the wider rear notch seems to make it easier to find your next target. They run about $120, but in my opinion they're worth it.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: My first Glock, 20SF picked up yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by maw1777 View Post
    I ordered a SS guide ride and 20# spring kit from GlockMeister. I already swapped it in place of the factory set.

I am going to shoot 100 through the G20 Sunday.

Any advice on grips, sights or anything else you guys think of feel free to post.
    So you swapped the guide rod & recoil spring BEFORE you fired the gun??

Why is that?

You know you should shoot the weapon first, evaluate its performance, then make any modifications that you see fit.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I use TruGrip tape on my Glock. It'll last about a year before it needs to be replaced. YMMV.

The magazines are very strong, nothing to worry about. I recommend getting a channel insert for the grip.

Feedback Score
    What is that grip insert for?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    So you swapped the guide rod & recoil spring BEFORE you fired the gun??

Why is that?

You know you should shoot the weapon first, evaluate its performance, then make any modifications that you see fit.

Sent via Tapatalk
    10mm needs heavier springs than factory. The factory is set for mild loads

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: My first Glock, 20SF picked up yesterday

10mm needs heavier springs than factory. The factory is set for mild loads
    ...and you determined that from shooting the gun first? You state that as fact yet you haven't shot the gun. There are many people quite satisfied with shooting hotter loads with a stock set up.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    What is that grip insert for?
    It fills in the hollow part of the grip bottom, behind the magazine well and the back strap. It helps with inserting the magazine, keeps it from snagging. It also was designed to keep dirt and debris out of the channel, where it could possibly reach the trigger mechanism.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. My favorite grips are HK USP tacticals and Beretta PX4's

Any grips that would give me a similar feel? I am looking at grip force, i kind of want something more rugged if they only last a year.

Check it out, looks great with my new special edition Blur. I got the Blur as a birthday present!

Last edited by maw1777; 08-03-13 at 08:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, nice Glock. I didn't know that they made the 20sf in OD!! I have a 20sf that I took shooting yesterday for the first time. I am developing some hunting hand loads. The Glock 20sf is just an awesome gun especially if you reload. The only upgrades I made to my Glock are Talon grips and Warren Tactical FO sights. They seemed to work well with me. Here is a picture of my mighty 20sf 10mm Glock.
    Live free or die trying!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast