Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SR15 E3

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

SR15 E3

I have been lurking and doing alot of reading here over the the last two months. I must say this is a great forum with alot of great guys.
    and to think I almost bought a RRA. Good thing I found this place.

I have decided to get a black gun, but I am not sure where to purchase it. I am in the DFW area(just moved back here from Florida) and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a KAC SR 15 ?????

I have made a few calls and went to the gun show, but no dice. the gun show is not what it used to be.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I am trying to buy locally before going to the net. Also, I do realize this is a high end item that not many will carry.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just order one from Casey at Lawman's and Shooters in Florida. They're KAC's storefront and it'll save you the tax. I'm not familiar with DFW area and I'm not sure who would carry it though I my local shop has ordered a few, so I'd imagine it would be the same there, but you'll pay a premium plus tax.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 08-31-11 at 18:14.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Does KAC have a distributor list on their website? Maybe a call to them would tell you where to find one in your area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Just order one from Casey at Lawman's and Shooters in Florida.

Casey is a righteous dude.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Casey is a righteous dude.
    Stickman speaks the truth. ;-)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Only reason I would consider suggesting to look elsewhere are on used SR15 or halves. I still got one from Casey.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Stickman, I want to say.......your pics are the best !!!!!!!
    I can't tell you how many hours I have spent looking at your photo's.
    I guess I will give Casey a shout. I am going to assume their price will be $1900.00 or so, is this what I should be looking to pay ?

I am a southpaw and I usually mod anything I have. The kac just seems like all it needs is a 3t brake. I do wish I could shoot someones, but I know that would be hard to do since it would be like test driving a Porsche. There is a point of no return after doing either.

If the gun turns out to be anything like my wilson, I will be in love all over again hehe.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    Stickman, I want to say.......your pics are the best !!!!!!!
    I can't tell you how many hours I have spent looking at your photo's.
    I guess I will give Casey a shout. I am going to assume their price will be $1900.00 or so, is this what I should be looking to pay ?

I am a southpaw and I usually mod anything I have. The kac just seems like all it needs is a 3t brake. I do wish I could shoot someones, but I know that would be hard to do since it would be like test driving a Porsche. There is a point of no return after doing either.

If the gun turns out to be anything like my wilson, I will be in love all over again hehe.
    The SR doesn't even need a 3T brake. To be honest, the Battlecomp is especially well-suited to this rifle -- and a fraction of the Triple Tap's cost. Take it from a fellow southpaw, SR-owner, and longtime Wilson 1911 owner (and WC board Mod at 1911Forum), this rifle will not disappoint.

AC

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    The SR doesn't even need a 3T brake. To be honest, the Battlecomp is especially well-suited to this rifle -- and a fraction of the Triple Tap's cost. Take it from a fellow southpaw, SR-owner, and longtime Wilson 1911 owner (and WC board Mod at 1911Forum), this rifle will not disappoint.

AC
    Very true. My SR15 has a BC 1.0 and a Vltor A5 RE, and it shoots as smooth as greased lightning.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Very true. My SR15 has a BC 1.0 and a Vltor A5 RE, and it shoots as smooth as greased lightning.
    Both of mine had an A5 and a Triple Tap. I sold one upper and both Triple Taps and went to a flash hider and it's still extremely smooth. I don't think it needs any type of brake, but I think the Triple Tap is only necessary if running a NT4 can. T buy a T3 now is almost just to say you have one since it's $330 more and does nothing really better (besides mount the KAC can) than the BattleComp. I have two of those as well it's there's almost no noticeable difference, and definitely not a $330 difference. ETA - I'm not implying that people without KAC cans are buying them for show..

If you want to run a KAC suppressor, then don't waste the money on either the heavy Nt4 or T3 and wait for the $500 MAMS and their new 16oz can that's more in lime with the Surefire and AAC cans.

Just my 2 cents after owning everything in question but the MAMS.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 09-02-11 at 18:15.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast