Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AR questions...

Feedback Score
    I am sorry if I offended you, jsf, that was not my intent and I apologize if I have done so. If you have researched DD in this forum it really ought to be evident that their equipment is squared away.

1. want something for the really long term that will hold up for thousands of rounds/years of use.
    2. something with high quality and proven parts.
    3. modifiable.
    4. around the price range of $1500.00
    Again, you should be able to answer these questions yourself given the information provided by M4C. After a wealth of options were provided to you, you proposed a CMMG rifle... that caused me to question your diligence.

You are on the right track, so do continue. Do try and ask pointed questions. Be specific.

If anyone has one of these or has shot one I would love to hear your feedback. I am to the point I am ready to buy, take a class or two and get shooting! Its almost like Christmas, I can't wait.
    This is not a pointed question. Buy a quality rifle, shoot it, and use your own experience to determine the direction you would like to go with your build. I still only have a Basic carbine, but putting rounds through it and gaining experience with various optics has given me the insight I need to determine what I eventually want to have (when I aquire some more currency ).
    "A tit in hand is worth two in the window"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by totenkopf_u64 View Post
    I am sorry if I offended you, jsf, that was not my intent and I apologize if I have done so. If you have researched DD in this forum it really ought to be evident that their equipment is squared away.

Again, you should be able to answer these questions yourself given the information provided by M4C. After a wealth of options were provided to you, you proposed a CMMG rifle... that caused me to question your diligence.

You are on the right track, so do continue. Do try and ask pointed questions. Be specific.

This is not a pointed question. Buy a quality rifle, shoot it, and use your own experience to determine the direction you would like to go with your build. I still only have a Basic carbine, but putting rounds through it and gaining experience with various optics has given me the insight I need to determine what I eventually want to have (when I aquire some more currency ).
    its OK, I think anyone would get to the point of some frustration, but maybe I wasn't specific enough. Its cool though, I really appreciate your input as much as anyone elses.

Feedback Score
    My 1st AR is a SP6920. I bought this based on Colts reputaion.
    I have zero complaints with my Colt.
    My next rifle will be a Mid length. BCM or DD. No real reason. I like the front sight moved farther fwd. I prefer a fixed front sight w/ red dot and a rear flip up sight.

Also you may want a longer reach if you are a big person and a middy will show up ready for a you to hold farther down the barrel. This can also be done on a carbine length by cutting down the sight or a low profile gas block and adding a longer rail.

I am fairly new to the AR world. So some may find fault with my post.
    Its always a learning experience. Just my .02
    Last edited by TunaFisherman; 10-04-11 at 20:55.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345