Thread: Average Joe Rifle Picture thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Great Grandpa's Winchester 1894 in .32-20 Winchester Special, 24" octagon barrel, split stock bound up with 70 year old electrical tape.

Great Grandpa's Winchester 1894 30WCF 16" saddle ring carbine.

A single point sling should go here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice levers, pdp! This one was my Grandfather's. According to my uncle, Grandpa got it from an estate sale and the hole in the stock was put there so it could be hung from a peg in the line shack of a ranch. It's 25 WCF. It's the rifle that's defined for me what a lever action should be

That's why I prefer octagonal barrels. Here's my Marlin LTD carbine in 45-70 with Ashley Express Sights

My Marlin .22 Texan
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

American made Savage Enfield No.4 from 1943. This was the day I got it. I love Lee-Enfields.

Commie Hardware. Badass in their own right.

These and my CZ .22 are all I got. I wish money grew on trees.

On the plus side, SLRs don't seem to have any felt recoil on me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Last edited by Black; 02-19-12 at 13:17.

Feedback Score

Romy 1969
    Last edited by plaskon; 12-09-11 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Top is a 1955 Enfield that I bought in the mid 1990s unfired. It was one of those that was produced and immediately put into storage since at the time the British Army was transitioning to the L1A1. It did not stay unfired for long.

Below it is another gunshow find that I purchased in the last 2 years--an 1898 Krag that someone had cut down and sportorized and added a rear peep sight ot along with a recoil pad. While doing this to an old classic is butchery, the modifications are kinda nice from a usability perspective. Though they reduced the value of the gun they did make it cheaper to buy. I picked the Krag up for $300 which may or may not have been a good price.

Feedback Score
    Finally got a Mosin! Picked it up today thanks to a gift card from my parents. Stamped 1937r, bore is nice and clean. Stripped it down and gave it a bath to eliminate the cosmoline. Oiled it all as I put it back together. Can't wait to shoot it.

Feedback Score

MyBCM SOCOM barrelled pew pew

Feedback Score

Marlin 336 Dark Tactical Scout Rifle

Marlin 336 Dark 30-30, Dead Air Nomad 30 Silencer, Vortex Scout Scope (2-7x).

336darkscoutrifle.jpg

An interesting fact, when using Hornady Sub-sonic 30-30 with silencer, it is not possible to use the factory iron sights on this rifle with this silencer. The iron sights won't zero, but you can "adjust" your own eye (guestimation). So you have to use an optic (red dot, scout scope, normal scope, etc.) to get zero'd in using this silencer with sub-sonic ammo.
    Last edited by Undermoose; 10-29-20 at 09:06.