Thread: Help me troubleshoot my SBR! (PICS ADDED)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Help me troubleshoot my SBR! (PICS ADDED)

I took the 7.5" SBR to the range today. I was shooting 55gr American Eagle XM193BL The "AR 556 Tactical" black 100rd bulk box) and PMC 55gr brass cased ammo. The upper is from M&A parts (from years back, before I knew about no-name components, unfortunately) It's actually been very reliable and accurate, but it's not something I'd use for HD or take to a class.

The XM193 had multiple FTE problems which also caused doublefeeds, effectively turning my gun into a single-shot. The rounds felt underpowered as well, and failed to lock the bolt to the rear.

The PMC fed and fired fine, though. It was much softer shooting than the 193 and had no issues.

The question I have is: How are the reports about the A5 kit with 7.5" guns? I've shot tons of steel cased ammo through the upper with just a carbine and later an H2 buffer, all with no issues. This is the first time I've tried the 7.5" with the A5. My BCM 11.5" upper works great with it, though.

I am leaning toward this being ammo-related, since we had two different brands that performed differently in the same gun. I might contact Federal and see about getting the ammo replaced.

Last edited by 1911-A1; 07-26-11 at 20:39.